Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Einstein's Biggest Blunder - - Wasn't?? by fitz
Einstein's Biggest Blunder - - Wasn't?? a bit more light about it (click link) http://www.amperefitz.com/einsteins.blunder.htm Enjoy,
March 12th 10 11:51 PM
by fitz Go to last post
0 446
alekhine endgame by sd
On Feb 20, 8:48*pm, latvian attack wrote: Hi, I am trying to analyze this endgame.
March 1st 10 05:09 AM
by latvian attack Go to last post
1 546
Tricky Endgame (drawn?) by Martin Brown
Can anyone confirm if this high mobility endgame is drawn please? I reckon that so long as white keeps his rooks paired and doesn't do anything silly he can harass black well enough to prevent pawn advances. I have tried it overnight in Shredder and also with Stockfish. The conclusion is that it is likely that one of R8d4 or R3d6 is a safe drawing move. I have also fed it to Freezer which...
February 28th 10 03:01 AM
by sd Go to last post
1 503
Strange Opening by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Feb 23, 1:19*am, M Winther wrote: It is the Borg opening B00). A preliminary h7-h6 isn't necessary The same position arises after the wholly logical move order: 1.e4 g5 2.d4 e6 3.h3 Be7 4.Nf3 d6 5.c4 h5 6.Nc3 Nd7 7.Qd2 f6 Ah, Borg being a reversed Grob? Cute palindromics with a Star Trek reference to boot. I like it.
February 23rd 10 04:35 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 539
Sicilian Nimzowitsch variation. by greg
I traded a knight for a pawn just to see what would happen, but this is not the way this opening is usually played. In the games I played, black gets control of the center with their pawns, but white wins anyway. Maybe black could win. I don't know because I'm still playing with this. 1.e4 c5
February 22nd 10 06:17 AM
by sd Go to last post
1 665
Your Xbox 360 Red Light ERROR ??? by hafif uddin
Get Easy Step By Step Guide to Fix. In 1 Hr Get Rid of Red Light Error http://xbox-redlight-review.123probiz.com Go XBox Mad :) Hafifuddin Supervisor http://www.gogonai.info/?id=hafifuddin
February 16th 10 12:55 AM
by hafif uddin Go to last post
0 652
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by Matt Nemmers[_2_]
On Feb 7, 6:48*am, Sanny wrote: GetClub was improved again today. Now it plays like a stone wall. You will find no way to beat it. Even Baby level is very difficult. Any player here who can dare challenge the Easy Level now??? Baby Level: 2100+ Beginner Level: 2300+
February 11th 10 05:47 PM
by None Go to last post
2 513
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by [email protected]
I think at 2 sec/ move baby level was unable to do the basic tactics needed in the game. And yet, per your post above, you rate Baby level at 2100+. 2100+ and can't do basic tactics? Oh, my.
February 11th 10 04:22 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 491
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by MeaningWhat[_2_]
micky schrieb: Taylor Kingston wrote: . I doubt Greg is actually trying to use "The Master" as a disguise; if so, he's done a very poor job of it. Like, say, William Shatner putting a bunch of bananas on his head and claiming to be Carmen Miranda. Jeppie said, “Wittgenstein was a melancholic, but he was a big fan of Carmen Miranda.”
February 10th 10 08:01 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 491
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by Mike Murray
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:17:32 +1100, micky wrote: “And,” Jeppie went on, “he also said, ‘What we cannot speak of, we must pass over in silence,’ ” I always disliked this rather unpoetic translation.
February 9th 10 08:05 PM
by Mike Murray Go to last post
0 533
Greco defense by greg
After this opening, I think black might have a good position because white's king is on e2. 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Qf6 3.Nc3 Nc6
February 7th 10 06:05 AM
by greg Go to last post
1 852
Latvian gambit by greg
Here is a way I played the Latvian gambit. Do you think black has a good position.? 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 f5 3.Nxe5 Nf6 4.Bc4 Qe7
February 4th 10 06:08 PM
by SAT W-7 Go to last post
2 835
GetClub, plays as good as Fritz 5.32 now. by micky
raylopez99 wrote: On Jan 19, 7:36 pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Jan 19, 4:57 pm, None wrote: .. Does it still stand up straight? Stan, this should give you some idea:
February 4th 10 10:35 AM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
1 634
I won chess game again by MeaningWhat[_2_]
Sanny schrieb: GetClub - Baby Level was beaten by me. I used an opening book in which earlier Fritz 5.32 beat GetClub. So I was one pawn up in just 10 moves. as Baby level could not recapture the exchange. Sanny, this is great news. this means that you are a 2865+ player. Congrats! do you have plans on winning some other tournaments?
February 2nd 10 02:39 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 525
Scandinavian defense: 3.Qd8 by greg
Does anyone plays this opening where you move the queen back to d8.? I just started playing this opening, and think it is hard to play as black. On move 4 white either plays 4.d4 or Nf3. If they play 4.Nf3, I like to play 4...b6. then they play Ne5 and then
January 30th 10 10:45 AM
by M Winther Go to last post
2 1,984
Fritz 12 Update 26-11-2009 by Sameone
http://depositfiles.com/files/7knrsm3gf
January 28th 10 11:11 PM
by Sameone Go to last post
0 674
New Free Sites for gamers of all levels! 63128 by Commander
I have created several game sites that contain all kinds of information about games, gamers and gaming. Please check them out and let me know what you think! http://gameneedle.com http://gamebrainy.com http://gamedisease.com http://gameperformers.com kcx,FqzPSA^Rs%C?SkXGZaoLD
January 28th 10 05:59 PM
by Commander Go to last post
0 662
Interesting win against GetClub - Baby Level by [email protected]
GetClub Baby level thinks . So this was once again a surprise win for me against GetClub. Sanny, you're what, a 1500 player or so? Doesn't this provide additional evidence that your estimated ratings for GitClub are far too high?
January 27th 10 07:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 526
Scandinavian defense: Where do I move the Queen after 1.e4 d5 2.exd5Qxd5 3.Nc3? by greg
What is the best square to move the queen after 1.e4 d5 2.exd5 Qxd5 3.Nc3 Is it 3.Qa5, 3.Qd6, 3.Qd8, or some other move?
January 25th 10 02:52 PM
by greg Go to last post
0 645
JOB by vijay rajan