Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
My Game against Grandmaster Smirin by samsloan
I am on a roll. Here I drew an International Master in the Forth Round in an exciting game with pieces hanging all over the place. In the unlikely event that I could keep this up, I might get a norm for the International Master title. I played the entire game using only 15 minutes on my clock, not counting the 30 second time delaye.
July 7th 12 06:00 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 548
chess on tv by Alex
would it be awesome if they had chess televised on ESPN ?
April 27th 12 11:04 PM
by Quadibloc Go to last post
3 771
Free Wii Video Games Donwload by Freelancer
Looking for Nintendo Wii Video Games? Here video games nintendo wii information for you. Including review of PS2 Video Games, Xbox, PSP, Nintendo. Yes, it's all here. Just visit: http://www.videogames-101.com I'm confident you'll find my website very helpful! Cheers, Iwan
April 17th 12 08:08 AM
by Freelancer Go to last post
0 579
Ridiculous New Rules: Women Chess Players Told to Keep TheirNecklines High by Taylor Kingston[_3_]
On Mar 13, 5:27*am, samsloan wrote: In an amazing low, female competitors in the European Woman's Chess Championship have been ordered to keep their necklines high !!!!! According to the new rules, women chess players in the tournament may only leave two buttons open on their blouse. http://blog.sfgate.com/hottopics/2012/03/12/chess-players-told-to-cov... *...
March 14th 12 10:05 PM
by None Go to last post
1 681
Feedback On Tournament Game Featuring English Defense (Or Owen's Defense!?) by jim gyro
I just finished playing in a tournament here in Zimbabwe and I am in the middle of assessing my performance. The only trouble is chess resources here are limited so I lack the benefit of book and/or computer analysis. I would really appreciate this forum's help with evaluating a key game: 1.e4 b6 2.d4 Bb7 3.Nc3 e6 4.Nf3 Bb4 5.Bd3 Nf6 6.Qe2 d5 7.exd5 Qxd5 8.O- O Qh5 9. Nb5 Na6 10. Bf4 Nd5 11. Bg3...
February 18th 12 03:22 PM
by jim gyro Go to last post
0 551
Who killed Jessie Gilbert? by [email protected]
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/315884
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 11 12:09 AM
by micky Go to last post
10 2,742
Free Wii Video Games Donwload by arif kurniawan najib
Looking for Nintendo Wii Video Games? Here video games nintendo wii information for you. Including review of PS2 Video Games, Xbox, PSP, Nintendo. Yes, it's all here. Just visit: http://www.videogames-101.com I'm confident you'll find my website very helpful! Cheers, Arif Kurniawan Supervisor http://www.excenza.com/?id=jobq
December 14th 11 02:59 AM
by arif kurniawan najib Go to last post
0 546
Vegetarian by Bauttar
If you are a vegetarian, vegan, or just an animal lover you can play chess here http://www.chess.com/groups/view/vegan-brotherhood
December 10th 11 04:22 PM
by Bauttar Go to last post
0 516
Morphy, I am not by Tom F
This drives me mad!!! I get a game against a patzer and I blunder it away. Yes, the clock was tight, but still... Any advice on how to work on this? 1.e4 e5 2.Qh5 Nf6 3.Qxe5+ Qe7 ( 3...Be7 4.Nc3 Nc6 5.Qf4 O-O 6.e5 Nh5 7.Qe4 Re8 8.Nf3 Nf6 9.Qa4 Bb4 10.Be2 Bxc3 11.dxc3 Nxe5 12.O-O d5 13.Nxe5 Rxe5 ) 4.Qxc7 Nc6
December 7th 11 05:14 PM
by Tom F Go to last post
0 520
Free Wii Video Games Donwload by Donda[_2_]
Looking for Nintendo Wii Video Games? Here video games nintendo wii information for you. Including review of PS2 Video Games, Xbox, PSP, Nintendo. Yes, it's all here. Just visit: http://www.videogames-101.com I'm confident you'll find my website very helpful! Cheers, Excenza Team Supervisor http://www.excenza.com/?id=jayateruss
December 5th 11 02:21 PM
by Donda[_2_] Go to last post
0 545
Double mistake: Euwe-Geller, 1953 by Taylor Kingston[_3_]
In this position from a game between two all-time greats 1k1r4/1p4Qp/pNp5/P1P5/1P1p1b2/5R1P/4P1K1/2q5 b - - 0 55 Black played 55...Be3, to which White replied 56.Rf1. Both moves were errors. What would you do?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 11 08:56 PM
by The Master Go to last post
10 1,072
Double Howler: Smyslov-Petrosian, Zurich 1953 by Taylor Kingston[_3_]
Playing over this game from the great 1953 Candidates Tournament I noticed an amazing double-blunder by these two all-time greats, both future World Champions. In this position: 8/p2PB1pk/1p5p/3Q4/2p3K1/2Pn1P2/6PP/4q3 b - - 0 46 Petrosian played 46...Qe5, and Smyslov, apparently mesmerized by its problem-like beauty, played 47.Qxd3+ cxd3 48.d8Q and the game was agreed drawn. Annotators...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 11th 11 03:09 PM
by The Master Go to last post
23 1,380
QGD what is wrong with 3.c5? by Louis Blair
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.analysis From: Philip Amant Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:01:03 GMT Local: Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:01 am Subject: QGD what is wrong with 3.c5? _ On Jun 18, 7:01 am, Philip Amant wrote 7 1. d2-d4 d7-d5 7 2. c2-c4 c7-c6
November 1st 11 10:05 PM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
3 858
Re QGD what is wrong with 3. c5? by Blkbull
My opinion on 3. c4-c5 is that: a) Violates the GENERAL PRINCIPLE of moving the same piece (or pawn) twice instead of rapid development of your pieces. b) One idea of the Queen's Gambit is for Black to play 2...d5xc4 (accepting the gambit) so that White can get a slightly longer lead in development and space via 3. e2-e4 giving White the classic center. In most lines White will evenually...
October 25th 11 11:20 PM
by Blkbull Go to last post
0 496
Sam, Sam, Sam by None
On Oct 17, 8:57*am, None wrote: On Oct 16, 11:34*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 4:58*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 12:22*pm, samsloan wrote: Like so many authors, Jay Whitehead has died without ever getting
October 19th 11 11:29 PM
by micky Go to last post
1 445
Sam, Sam, Sam by None
On Oct 17, 8:57*am, None wrote: On Oct 16, 11:34*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 4:58*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 12:22*pm, samsloan wrote: Like so many authors, Jay Whitehead has died without ever getting
October 19th 11 06:26 PM
by None Go to last post
3 484
Sam, Spam, Sam by None
On Oct 16, 11:35*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 5:01*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 1:23*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Oct 16, 2:20*am, "
October 19th 11 06:21 PM
by None Go to last post
4 459
Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky by samsloan
On Oct 17, 4:08*am, David Ames wrote: On Oct 15, 4:12*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
October 19th 11 06:21 PM
by None Go to last post
3 699
International Chess Master Jay Whitehead Has Died by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 2:42*pm, micky wrote: Currently, the New York Public Library consists of 87 libraries: four non-lending research libraries, four main lending libraries, a library for the blind and physically challenged, and 77 neighborhood branch libraries in the three boroughs served. All libraries in the NYPL system may be used free of charge by all visitors....
October 19th 11 05:36 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
6 538
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. The answer to your loaded question, which I'm sure you know, is that he dropped out at age fifteen from Erasmus High in Brookluyn, where...
October 18th 11 04:47 PM
by The Masked Bishop[_2_] Go to last post
3 1,090
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 41 to 60 of 3764