Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. The answer to your loaded question, which I'm sure you know, is that he dropped out at age fifteen from Erasmus High in Brookluyn, where...
October 18th 11 04:47 PM
by The Masked Bishop[_2_] Go to last post
3 1,167
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. I see you did ask WHICH in the subject header, so my bad.
0 452
International Chess Master Jay Whitehead Has Died by samsloan
On Oct 16, 10:18*pm, raylopez99 wrote: On Oct 17, 12:22*am, samsloan wrote: Jay Whitehead was constantly being kicked out or expelled from various Hare Krishna groups and during the period 1997-2000 he kept coming back to one of my places in Brooklyn looking for a free place to stay. He always offered to give me chess lessons or...
October 17th 11 09:39 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 512
All Time Stupidest Remark on RGCM by samsloan
I nominate for the stupidest remark ever made on rec.games.chess.misc the statement made by Ray Lopez a few days ago that my reprint and update of the classic work "The Soviet School of Chess" by Kotov and Yudovich is "overpriced" at $25.95 because you can buy "Chess for Dummies" by Jim Eade for only $20.96. I have a hard time believing that anybody could be so stupid as to compare a mass market...
October 17th 11 09:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 424
Which college did Fischer attend? by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 7:31*pm, The Masked Bishop wrote: No harm, no foul...but as idiotic as this thread is, turning it into a personal attack on any poster is SO 1990s usenet. *It was never about me, and who would want it to be? But you bit on the gratuitous flame bait I add at the end of my messages, but avoided answering the serious part of my message, on Penrose. So 1990s of...
October 17th 11 04:39 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 347
Which college did Fischer attend? by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 8:53*am, David Ames wrote: Depends on what you put your mind to. *Instead of putting my mind on chess, I should have devoted my time to pursuing studies that there wasn't time for in the school day. *Independent study and accomplishment would probably have counted greatly to a science and engineering institute in Massachusetts. *(They suggested to me...
October 17th 11 04:36 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 352
Which college did Fischer attend? by raylopez99
On Oct 16, 2:06*am, " wrote: On Oct 14, 3:35*pm, The Masked Bishop wrote: ==================================== Brilliantly stated, Masked Bishop. *Compare, for example, the lives and careers of the Penrose brothers, Roger and Jonathan. OldHaasie
October 17th 11 04:35 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 362
Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 8:47*pm, The Masked Bishop wrote: As for the WC, unless you are a) hot or b) really good at promoting yourself and getting endorsements or c) American, no-one in the States has heard of you either. Walk into any bar and ask for a show of hands for those who know who Viswanathan Anand is. Or Vladimir Kramnik. *Or Jose Capablanca.
October 17th 11 04:30 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 442
Soviet School of Chess, looking for the complete games by samsloan
On Oct 3, 1:33*am, "Andrew B." wrote: On Sep 28, 11:16*pm, ChessFire wrote: They do say: "It is stated, for example, *that the growth of the Soviet School took place immediately after the October revolution in 1917; in actual fact it was not until 1934, when the leading Soviet players began venturing to tournaments in other countries,...
October 3rd 11 04:50 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 495
LOST GAME/ Need Anaylsis by STEVENH
1 e4 c5 2 Nf3 e6 3 d4 cxd4 4 Nxd4 Nc6 5 Nc3 Nf6 6 Ndb5 d6 7 Be2 a6 8 Nd4 Bd7 9 0-0 Be7 10 Be3 0-0 11 f4 b5 12 a3 Rc8 13 Nb3 e5 14 a4 b4 15 Nd5 Nxd5 16 exd5 Nb8 17 fxe5 dxe5 18 Nd2 Bg5 19 Bf2 Bf5 20 Nc4 Re8 21 a5 Be4 22 d6 Nd7 23 Ra4 b3 24 cxb3 Nf6 25 h4 Bf4 26 g3 Bh6 27 d7 Nxd7 28 Nd6 Rc1 29 Qxc1 Bxc1 30 Rxc1 Bd5
September 17th 11 10:56 AM
by Sameone Go to last post
1 509
Soviet School of Chess, looking for the complete games by samsloan
The Soviet School of Chess by Alexander Kotov and Mikhail M Yudovich Sr. http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871878198 Introduction by Sam Sloan “The Soviet School of Chess” is one of the most important books ever written on chess. It starts with the pre-Soviet Era with the beginning of the 19th century and recounts not only the histories...
September 15th 11 08:14 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 577
Get Your Wii Video Games FREE by Johan Tanoto
Looking for Nintendo Wii Video Games? Here video games nintendo wii information for you. Including review of PS2 Video Games, Xbox, PSP, Nintendo. Yes, it's all here. Just visit: http://www.videogames-101.com I'm confident you'll find my website very helpful! Cheers, Johan
September 12th 11 02:59 PM
by Johan Tanoto Go to last post
0 462
My computer says I'm winning a pawn here, why? r1bqr1k1/pp3p1p/nnpb2pB/8/3NB3/2N3P1/PPQ1PP1P/2KR3Rb - - 0 13 by raylopez99
I am playing this below game now against my pocket Fritz on a PDA, and I have a rule that I cannot take back a move nor receive machine assistance. But I consider this an adjournment. I took a peak at the PC evaluation function, and it shows me up nearly a pawn. But I don't see how or why. I bet it involves a knight move however. My thoughts: Qf6 threatening to win the bishop or the f2...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 11 02:16 AM
by The Master Go to last post
11 1,142
Romantic fascinating girl can meet here in chat rooms by caitlyc amyron
Romantic fascinating girl can meet here in chat rooms ****** http://UncleURL.com/416 ******
August 22nd 11 02:59 AM
by caitlyc amyron Go to last post
0 498
Why was this winning position turned into a loss? by I have a Big Johnson
Well, you need to look no further. We have a jewish bitch named ****ty, that actually is one of the grand chess masters. She will answer all your questions about chess. She has 20 university degrees and will answer you in whatever language you want, all the while she is sucking your dick. "Sanny" wrote in message...
August 17th 11 11:39 AM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
4 654
Errata list for Silman's 'How to Reassess Your Chess'? by M. Wehrmann
Jeremy Silman, 'How to Reassess Your Chess', 4th ed. For example diagram 139 has 3 black rooks. Anybody knows where to find an errata list? Thanks, Micha
August 6th 11 10:29 AM
by M. Wehrmann Go to last post
0 532
Sam's Worst Games of Chess by Detectorist[_2_]
On Jul 7, 3:26*am, samsloan wrote: I just played in the World Open in Philadelphia. Since my results have been poor recently I decided that I had no chance to win the $18,000 first prize so I played in the Under-2400 section where I have no chance at all but at least might get to play some good players. I did manage to invent a new opening or at least a new...
July 18th 11 01:13 PM
by None Go to last post
2 511
Chessbase License by [email protected]
This is probably the wrong forum for this question but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere else, Does anyone know how many computers the Chessbase 11 software can be installed on? I installed it on two but when trying to install it on 3 it would it reported that the keycode has already been used. If two is the maximum for the keycode is there a way to move it from one and use it on...
0 587
Illegal Sale of the Building Comes up Again by samsloan
It is absolutely true that Randy Bauer initially voted against the move to Crossville. But that was just one vote. On all the rest of the many votes Bauer not only supported the move but was the biggest gung-ho advocate of the move. Go back and check Bauer's postings on this subject during the period in the first half of 2005 when Bauer was on the board and you will see what I mean.
July 8th 11 06:50 PM
by None Go to last post
2 484
Quite a strange Chess Game with GetClub by Sanny[_3_]
In this game Queen was exchanged for Rook+Bishop there was no other choice as Queen was in pin against King. Game Played between Iniduoh and easy at GetClub.com Iniduoh: (Black) easy: (White) Game Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?id=DM60205&game=Chess White -- Black
July 5th 11 02:03 PM
by Sanny[_3_] Go to last post
0 503
Post New Thread