Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
why do they wear suits? by Jordan Henderson
On May 15, 8:29*pm, micky wrote: EJAY wrote: . Nowadays when NBA players are on the sideline they are required to wear suits. The coaches suits and ties. Personally I like the professional look. IIRC so did Bobbie Fisha; he had some v strong things to say regarding
June 25th 11 12:45 PM
by Jordan Henderson Go to last post
0 643
QGD what is wrong with 3.c5? by MaxJ
In Queen gambit declined, a move like 3.c5 simply means White gives up the control of the center to Black. Black smashes through center by its b7 pawn. 1. d4 d5 2. c4 c6 3. c5 Nf6 4. Nc3 b6 5. Nf3 bxc5 6. dxc5 Qa5 7. Qa4 Qxc5 *
June 24th 11 08:43 PM
by MaxJ Go to last post
0 671
why do they wear suits? by MaxJ
Chess players, especially those of higher rank, use all kinds of psychological means to create sense of inferiority in their opponents in order to distract them and win games.
June 24th 11 08:22 PM
by MaxJ Go to last post
0 504
Please consider the following position... by MaxJ
In the initial FEN position you have an extra piece N equivalent to B-+ (~4.08). So Black can make several dumb moves.
June 24th 11 07:40 PM
by MaxJ Go to last post
0 452
GetClub flattened badly by Jester. by Sanny[_3_]
Here is a tough game with Easy Level. Initially Both players were giving equal attack to each other. On 39th move black played rook to a position which blocked its King. White took advantage of this block and pin the Bishop by giving check with King. GetClub lost the Bishop due to pin against King..
June 23rd 11 12:21 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
4 681
QGD what is wrong with 3.c5? by Philip Amant
1. d2-d4 d7-d5 2. c2-c4 c7-c6 I was thinking about playing 3. c4-c5 but I can't find any references to this option. Probably it's a bad move? Can someone explain please? Thanks a lot,
June 18th 11 03:01 PM
by Philip Amant Go to last post
0 621
Tanner and the Ethical Bankruptcy of the USCF by samsloan
About twenty years ago in the early 1990s, Tanner sent in some false and fraudulent rating reports involving games against non-existent people. He would never have been caught and it would not have been noticed except for the recent creation of the MSA which makes all tournament reports available online. Even then, nobody would have noticed except that these old results put him over 2300 giving...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 24th 11 01:43 AM
by Matt Nemmers[_2_] Go to last post
14 1,708
Please consider the following position... by LS Dave
r2q1bnr/1b1npkpp/p7/Bp6/2pP4/4P3/1P3PPP/RN1QKB1R b KQ - 0 10 I played Black and won the game, but in my post-game analysis my computer (Deep Junior 2010 64 bit) has a problem with my move here, and I don't understand why. White just played 10.Ba5 and I must address the attack on my Queen. In the game, I played 10..Nb6. Well, after calculating 25 billion moves, DJ scores 10..Qb8 the best at...
May 17th 11 08:41 AM
by LS Dave Go to last post
1 491
kamsky or gelfand by Offramp
On May 10, 1:51*pm, Alex wrote: who will win this encounter and why? do you think gata can make it to the finals? Kamsky is a VERY hard man to beat. Even way back in 1994 Anand discovered that unless you mate Gata he will constantly wriggle and cause problems... Amazing to think that this game was 17 years ago. Kamsky is even better now.
May 15th 11 03:57 AM
by talbronstien Go to last post
4 709
Question to the world chess champions. by Sez Chee kit
What are some great ways to cheat at the game of chess? Sez s cheat Get bloody angry when you see them cheat.
May 9th 11 03:03 AM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
3 710
GetClub lost a wining position. by Tony M
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:52:12 -0800 (PST), wrote: On Feb 7, 10:29*pm, Sanny wrote: I spoted one weak move: 24. Qc7-h2 by GetClub. Can you spot any other weak move by GetClub? I count 8 blunders (or moves that allow White to mate much more quickly) by GetCrap, for a 27% blunder rate -- a little higher than
February 11th 11 02:53 AM
by Tony M Go to last post
0 804
Taylor Kingston Saves Rybka from Fritz, Fixes 'Several Errors' by The Master
On Jan 2, 9:38 am, Taylor Kingston wrote: Do you or do you not have any examples where, as you boldly claimed, you 'corrected' Rybka's 'several' mistakes in this game? Your countless adoring fans await your answer. Another was he 6k1/6p1/p7/5pn1/2R5/7P/6PK/8 w - - 0 19
January 28th 11 08:26 PM
by None Go to last post
3 820
Please analyze the game with GetClub. by The Master
On Dec 28, 6:30*am, Sanny wrote: * All else being equal, you should not allow a wayward knight to get trapped such that its only retreat allows the fatal breakup of the pawn cover in front of the king, as needlessly happened here. The Knight was trapped after 15 moves or 30 ply. So its quite hard to see that.
January 1st 11 07:58 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
4 867
Grob's Angriff is being reprinted by samsloan
Grob's Angriff This book is the seminal work on the chess opening now known as Grob's Attack. This chess opening starts with 1. g2-g4 or, in Descriptive Notation, 1. P-KN4. Although the book is in German, it is written in chess notation and thus it is not necessary to know German to read this book.
December 17th 10 05:26 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 1,103
Repair Your Xbox 360 Red Light Now! by j4nkisssss
I found Easy Step By Step Guide to Fix my Xbox In 1 Hr Get Rid of Red Light Error http://xbox-redlight-review.123probiz.com Go XBox Mad :) http://www.gogonai.info/?id=j4nk15
December 16th 10 02:07 PM
by j4nkisssss Go to last post
0 631
Amalana Games Service by anu
Hello Friends, At Amalana we offer our users with completely free Global Networking Services. What this means is that our registered users can do social networking, seek jobs, get online education and much more just by logging into Amalana. Play Games at Amalana. Amalana provides us a wide range of games like action games, racing games, balancing games, snow games, sport games and jigsaw...
December 16th 10 07:15 AM
by anu Go to last post
0 684
Greatest Chess Game Ever Played in the History of the World by samsloan
There comes a time in the lives of men where something so spectacular happens as to change all perceptions of reality. Such a thing happened at the National Chess Congress this past weekend in Philadelphia in the following game. Here is the game:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 10 10:15 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
10 1,031
What is the real name of Mark Houlsby ? by Bobcat
* I yam what I yam an' thass all what I yam. Sounds like you are ready for Thanksgiving!!!!
November 23rd 10 10:28 AM
by Bobcat Go to last post
0 575
Sanny Sloan? Did I play nice against Baby Level? by Sanny[_3_]
What should I have done to win this game? I tried attacking the King side with a pawn,. But the pawn at a6 was not doing much. if I didn't know any better, I'd say you play like Sam Sloan. *Same Sam style. Sanny Sloan? I am not Sam Sloan, Sam Sloan is a good Chess Player
November 15th 10 06:40 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
1 600
Botvinnik analysis howler; Seventh Soviet Championship title game of1931 a joke by raylopez99
From the book by Soltis, "Soviet Chess". This "gem" (not) decided the Seventh Soviet Championship in Moscow in 1931. Botvinnik finished a point behind Kasparyan of Armenia, who had black below in the title game. But Botvinnik's suggestion of 14...Ng4 followed by ...f5-f4 instead of 14. Qf5 (which Soltis unfairly gives a ? to) is a bust, and the so- called "brilliant" move of 19...Nxf2!! is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 10 12:19 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post