Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.analysis (Chess Analysis) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Sam Sloan cheated in chess by [email protected]
Sam Sloan should be investigated for cheating in the tournament earlier this year. He clearly cheated by using computer help. 100% of his moves match computer analysis. Sam Sloan should be banned from the USCF for cheating!
March 19th 07 07:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 403
King-Pawn vs King by Tox
White King on e6 White Pawn on f6 Black King on e8 White to move. This is a drawn game, no?
March 19th 07 07:16 PM
by Tox Go to last post
0 301
GetClub now ready to defeat you. by Sanny
Now, GetClub is armed with strong moves and it would be tough time for players playing it. GetClub now ready to defeat you. Play at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html Beginner Level will give tough competition to good players. Easy Level: will struggle hard even to tough players.
March 19th 07 03:56 PM
by Ruud Go to last post
6 426
Sloan and Lafferty caught by Goichberg by [email protected]
NOTIFICATION OF DISCIPLINARY ACTION Date: March 16, 2007 To: Sam Sloan Your post to the USCF Forums on Tue Mar 13, 2007, Subject: "The Polgar Gang", in the USCF Issues Forum was in violation of the Acceptable Usage Guidelines for the USCF Forum. This is a 1st level sanction.
March 19th 07 03:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 338
Please Analyze this Game. by Sanny
Here is a game between me and GetClub which I won. What do you say about this game. White Myself Black Beginner Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html 1.e2-e4 e7-e6 2.d2-d4 d7-d5
March 19th 07 01:36 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
5 451
Win the exchange? by Ron
So I found myself in this position today: q3r1k1/3b1pbp/3p2p1/2pP4/2Q1PP2/4R2P/1PB3P1/2B3K1 b - - 0 25 Obviously, 25 ... Bd4 wins the exchange. I wimped out. The problem, as I see it, is that after 25. ... Bd4 26.Kh2 Bxe3 27.Bxe3 the position looks like something only a computer could love. With
March 19th 07 01:52 AM
by Ron Go to last post
0 385
Poem written by me by Niri!
TO CLINCH... J You win, wail with mirth You lose, never think you are nothing on earth! You win , bliss up If lost, soar up You win, exult You lose, never think it is an Insult! You win, think its just scant!
March 18th 07 03:02 PM
by Niri! Go to last post
0 350
Please Analyze this new Game. by Sanny
Here is a game between me and GetClub which I won. What do you say about this game. White Myself Black Beginner Played at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html 1.e2-e4 e7-e6 2.d2-d4 d7-d5
March 18th 07 12:36 PM
by Sanny Go to last post
1 435
Quigley's refutation by fngandalf
Hello! Has somebody a complete copy of the original thread "Marshall Busted?". I've found a link leading to dejanews.com and from there a fiurther link http://www.thomasstock.com/discussions/quigley.htm - but this seems to be a commercial gag - i cannot find the information on that page. Anybody to help? Thanks Felix
March 18th 07 01:38 AM
by fngandalf Go to last post
5 683
Rating Inflation/Deflation by samsloan
I believe that most players reach their peak strength at age 30, and then remain relatively stable for the next 20-30 years with their ratings rarely going up or down more than 50 points. Thus if you see an across-the-board drop of all players in the 30--50 age group of 100 to 150 points, you know that something is wrong. On the other hand there is strong reason to believe that today's kids are...
March 17th 07 09:13 AM
by help bot Go to last post
1 445
1300 RATED JAMBOREE!! by Good Moves are worth BEANS!
1300 rated, Jason (the moron) Lohner showing his tremendous "improvement" http://members.shaw.ca/winnipeg_chess/1300_Jamboree.htm
March 17th 07 01:10 AM
by Good Moves are worth BEANS! Go to last post
0 500
Sam's Grand Plan for Chess Life by samsloan
If anybody has back issues of Chess Life or Chess Review that they want to get rid of, please send them to me. I have everything since 2000 but I want anything from 1960 to 2000. I cannot pay serious money but I can pay the postage. Damaged condition and missing pages OK. I plan to collect as many old issues of Chess Life and Chess Review as I can, cut them up and sort the articles by author.
March 16th 07 03:38 AM
by Heywood Jablowme Go to last post
3 504
Please Analyze this Game. by Sanny
Here is the game between GetClub.com Easy Level & Zebediah any one please analyze this game. Zebediah is rising player at GetClub. He ranks third at GetClub.com Visit: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html to play with him or computer. Here is the Recorded Game White: Easy Black: Zebediah (Ranked third at GetClub.com)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 14th 07 10:39 PM
by Chris F.A. Johnson Go to last post
10 956
Benoni, Classical, 9.O-O Puzzles by W T Harvey
Here are some chess puzzles taken from Benoni, Classical, 9.O-O (ECO A73) miniatures. It's White to move and win except where noted. a) http://www.wtharvey.com/a73aa.png Viacheslav Dydyshko vs Albert Kapengut, Minsk, 1981 3rr1k1/6bp/1p4p1/1NpPpp1n/PnQ2Pq1/1P2RNP1/5K1P/2B1R3 w - - 0 1 b) http://www.wtharvey.com/a73ae.png Carsten Hoi vs Thomas Robertsen, Copenhagen,...
March 14th 07 02:42 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
2 603
How GetClub Chess game developed so Strong. by Sanny
GetClub game speed and strength have kept improving because of good players playing it and beating it. But many players are not playing it thinking it to be as weak as it was 3 months back. Try a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html GetClub Game was designed in May 2006 Jun 2006 its all illegal Moves were Removed. July 2006 it was playing good enough to complete a game.
March 14th 07 02:26 AM
by help bot Go to last post
8 473
Chess Game further improved. by Sanny
It is very difficult to improve a game as complex as Chess. But GetClub Chess keeps improving. This time few bugs were removed which were weakening the Game Play. Now it will not sacrifice it's pawns as it used to earlier. (I saw in a game of Nomorechess.) Play a game at: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html Beginner Level: If you are new to chess.
March 13th 07 01:06 PM
by Chess One Go to last post
5 537
Beautiful mating net by John Evans
You guys have to see this beautiful mating net I did. I dont normally post my wins, but this was special.
March 12th 07 01:06 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
2 611
French Tarrasch - 1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 c5 4. Ngf3 cxd4 5. Nxd4 e5 A novelty? by tom
Game played almost three years ago between myself (black) and another player, we were both rated roughly 1950 at the time) 1. e4 e6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 c5 4. Ngf3 cxd4 5. Nxd4 e5 Looking through my admittedly limited resources I can't find any games with it. It looks like a natural enough move but it's never been played. Has anyone else seen it or is there any theory on it? For the sake of...
March 11th 07 06:32 PM
by John Sheatsley Go to last post
3 689
Morozevich v Topalov Round 13 in LInares... by johnny T
Starting at move 51 they are in a pretty drawish end game, but Morozevich is in serious time trouble. This game is actually pretty interesting from that vantage. Topalov continously plays not-best moves. Not really losing moves, but moves that are difficult to deal with if you are under time pressure. Morozevich holds on really well, and Topalov's gamble fails. And unlike most games on...
March 10th 07 03:57 PM
by johnny T Go to last post
2 609
Azmaiparashvili Puzzles by W T Harvey
Here are some chess puzzles taken from the games of the Georgian champion, Zurab Azmaiparashvili. It's White to move and win except where noted. a) http://www.wtharvey.com/azmaac.png Azmaiparashvili vs Ratmir Kholmov, Minsk, 1985 b1r3k1/3R1pp1/1qp1p2p/8/rP2B3/2Q3P1/4PP1P/3R2K1 w - - 0 1 b) http://www.wtharvey.com/azmabc.png Azmaiparashvili vs Kiril Georgiev, Burgas, 1994
March 9th 07 08:44 PM
by Mike Murray Go to last post
7 600
Post New Thread