Mig Migged

Old July 8th 03, 05:18 PM
John Macnab

Default Mig Migged

Gunny Bunny wrote:
Mig was on ICC with a GM rating. It was proven that he was using a Computer
Software program to boost his rating. In other words, (C)heating !!

This proves nothing of the kind.

I think it was rather brave of Mig to play under these circumstances; he
takes more than his share of public scorn over his putative
chess-playing skill. I suspect that he expected to play 2300 chess.
Hopefully he'll make more public appearances and stabilize his rating in
one class or another.

John

Old July 8th 03, 10:59 PM
Henri H. Arsenault

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:18:55 GMT, John Macnab
wrote:

Gunny Bunny wrote:
Mig was on ICC with a GM rating. It was proven that he was using a Computer
Software program to boost his rating. In other words, (C)heating !!

This proves nothing of the kind.

I think it was rather brave of Mig to play under these circumstances; he
takes more than his share of public scorn over his putative
chess-playing skill. I suspect that he expected to play 2300 chess.
Hopefully he'll make more public appearances and stabilize his rating in
one class or another.

Anyway ratings are a measure of performance and not of chess
knowledge. It is well known that some players play well below their
chess knowledge. A good example was Nimzovich, whose nervousness
probably prevented him from the world championship. He once cried out
after a loss"Why do I have to lose to this idiot?". LOL

A player who is out of practice will play way below his normal
strength, and one who is not in good physical shape will tend to
blunder away lost games due to lack of stamina. And so on.

So who cares if Mig's rating is lower han he claims? I judge his
columns by their quality. There are plenty of 2400 players who can't
write a good column.Mig can.

Henri