Mig Migged

Old July 9th 03, 12:09 AM
StanB

Default Mig Migged

"Gunny Bunny" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...

Mig was on ICC with a GM rating. It was proven that he was using a

Computer
Software program to boost his rating. In other words, (C)heating !!

All reporters intentionally distort the truth. Why should they approach a
chess rating any differently?

StanB

Old July 9th 03, 09:28 AM
Jenö Nyerges

Hmm... Whats the evidence that allegedly proves Mig was cheating?
He has no (C) label added by the ICC authorities, which simply means
that he IS NOT cheating...( ICC is VERY good in finding cheats)and he
has not a "GM rating". GMs are usually rated between 3100-3500 on ICC.
So 2500 isnt that much.By no means a 2500 ICC rating is equivalent to
2500 elo.. thats plain nonense.And blitz ratings vary a lot, during
one good night your rating can go up by 400 points. I can confirm this
from own experience.
I should add that I had opportunity to talk to Mig today on ICC and he
doesnt expect any better than being attacked with ever more ridiculous
accusations...

You guys would have done great in the Inquisition... Your
understanding of the term "evidence" strongly resembles those
times.......

Regards

Jenö Nyerges
Old July 9th 03, 11:07 AM
Rob Vlaardingerbroek

Hi,

I can agree with a big part of what you write, just wanted to say that a (C)
stands for computer, or using a computer, databases etc. as a registered
user. The (C) doesn't stand for cheat.

Rob.

om...

Old July 9th 03, 11:23 AM
Mig

No worries, Jenö, this happens every year. I'll leave the group again
now, but will be back next year to deny that I ever made claims to the
crown of England, or whatever else they come up with by then.

In a way this is the only way my ego would ever get out of control.
What greater honor than another thread with my name in it posted by
Spam Scone, the very same ace reporter who spammed the world with the
news of Peter Leko's death? The tireless researcher whose website
repeats the exploded myth that Einstein got bad grades in school? The
alert citizen who was tossed out of the Kasparov-Deep Junior match
because his cell phone rang in the playing room and he was incapable
of turning it off? (Twice.) Truly, I am honored.

I hope for all the readers here, and the other 40 groups Spam usually
crossposts to in his traditional ignorance of basic netiquette, that
this doesn't happen every time I have a lousy tournament. It will be a
long way back and you would all get really bored with it if I start
playing regularly.

Saludos, Mig
http://www.chessninja.com

Old July 9th 03, 11:52 AM
Briarroot

Mig wrote:

In a way this is the only way my ego would ever get out of control.
What greater honor than another thread with my name in it posted by
Spam Scone, the very same ace reporter who spammed the world with the
news of Peter Leko's death? The tireless researcher whose website
repeats the exploded myth that Einstein got bad grades in school? The
alert citizen who was tossed out of the Kasparov-Deep Junior match
because his cell phone rang in the playing room and he was incapable
of turning it off? (Twice.) Truly, I am honored.

Actually, Spam Scone and Sam Sloan are different people.
One is a parody of a human being, the other is a parody
of a parody. I leave it to you to work out who is who.

I hope for all the readers here, and the other 40 groups Spam usually
crossposts to in his traditional ignorance of basic netiquette, that
this doesn't happen every time I have a lousy tournament. It will be a
long way back and you would all get really bored with it if I start
playing regularly.

Keep the faith, brother!
Old July 9th 03, 01:47 PM
StanB

"Mig" wrote in message

In a way this is the only way my ego would ever get out of control.
What greater honor than another thread with my name in it posted by
Spam Scone, the very same ace reporter who spammed the world with the
news of Peter Leko's death? The tireless researcher whose website
repeats the exploded myth that Einstein got bad grades in school? The
alert citizen who was tossed out of the Kasparov-Deep Junior match
because his cell phone rang in the playing room and he was incapable
of turning it off? (Twice.) Truly, I am honored.

And in typical hack journalist fashion you get the facts wrong. Spam Scone
is not Sam Sloan. He is Neil Brennen. Perhaps you shoulda had Fritz analzye
it before pontificating.

StanB