Crafty vs Fritz auto play?

Old July 11th 03, 10:35 PM
Christopher

Default Crafty vs Fritz auto play?

Hi

Can anyone suggest a way that I can have Crafty play Fritz in an auto mode?

Any thoughts are most appreciated.
Thanks
Old July 11th 03, 10:41 PM
Chess Guy

sure is very simple just use the fritz Playchess.com and then go to
engine room and challenge your self..

On 11 Jul 2003 13:36:47 -0700, (Christopher)
wrote:

Forgot to mention. I'd like Fritz7 to play Crafty 19.3 on 2 separate
computers. How is this possible or is it not possible?

Thanks

Old July 16th 03, 11:41 AM
Rob Vlaardingerbroek

Christopher wrote:

I am a little confused. Say I turn on Playchess.com and I select play
myself? How will it know to use the version of Crafty that I have?
Don't I need to configure something? I know that I have older
versions of crafty engines in

I want crafty 19.3 to play Fritz(I own a copy of Fritz 7).

Hi Christopher,

Basically you go to the computer room on playchess. Click edit - playing
mode - pick a define engine. At this moment you can pick Crafty 19.3 or
any other engine.

Now you have 2 computers which makes it possible on playchess, you
should do this unrated by the way, sysop doesn't like people playing
against themselves, but I doubt Fritz 7 gives you 2 accounts. Fritz 8
gives 3 accounts, but I am pretty sure you have just one with Fritz 7.

Hope this helps a bit,

Regards,

Rob.

Old July 16th 03, 04:32 PM
Christopher

Rob Vlaardingerbroek wrote in message .nl...
Christopher wrote:

[...]

Ok. I understand what you mean. However is there a way to connect 2
PCs at home together one with Fritz7 and the other with Crafty19.3?
This way I can use my PCs and would be free to do whatever I want
without congesting servers. Also I may want to change hardware.
Basic experimenting with different chess engines.

Thanks
Old July 16th 03, 11:51 PM
Christopher

Christopher wrote:
Forgot to mention. I'd like Fritz7 to play Crafty 19.3 on 2 separate
computers. How is this possible or is it not possible?

Thanks

Type auto 232 in the search part of the helpfile in Fritz.
It's all descibed there.

Regards,

Rob.

I found the info in the help file as described.

Thanks!