GK's "last stand for humamity"

Old July 17th 03, 04:21 AM
Joseph L

Default GK's "last stand for humamity"

On his "last stand for humanity"

If this is such a hearfelt longing to redeem the human race. Why doesn't he put
his heart & $$ where his mouth is.

NO appearance fee and say a 12 game match with these stipulations:

a win = $100,000
a draw = $30,000
a loss = $25,000

He'd actually stand to win more than last match. The games would be much more
intense AND it would generate much more publicity & excitement than the "puppet
matchs" we've been having lately.

"last stand for humanity"

HA!

It's been 6 years Garry and you still haven't done it. Time to stop the excuses
and accept what people really want to see and not for your benefit.

Old July 20th 03, 06:26 PM

If kasparov played a match with those stipulations he wouldn't be able
to play for a drawn result and another re-match for millions. As far
as Kasparov's concern for the chess playing public, he has none. What
the public wants to see is Matches between players not exhibition
infomercials for computer programs. Matches like this don't promote
chess they destroy the integrity of the game. If a Chess Champion ever
loses big to a computer who would be dumb enough to sponser a rematch,
the software maker and chess would lose out. Therefore, there is a
definite interest in either a drawn or close result. Since there is a
conflict of interest, how can anyone trust the results?
Old July 21st 03, 01:23 AM
Dr. Robert Faurisson

Envy is a very ugly emotion! Why don't you nerds stop whining about what
Kasparov does to make money and focus on chess issues.

Old July 21st 03, 03:00 AM
Dr. Robert Faurisson

[....]

In what sense is what Kasparov does to make money *not* a chess issue?

[....]

With your logic houlsby, anything at all to do with Kasparov is a chess
issue. So why don't we now proceed to discuss what sort of toothpaste he
uses, if he butters the whole surface of the bread or leaves the sides bare,
and whether or not he double dips his ripple chips. It would be nice if a
chess.computer forum would attract more chess computer enthusiasts and less
anal-retentive trolls like you!

[....]

Old July 21st 03, 02:59 PM
Mhoulsby

From: "Dr. Robert Faurisson" eallyhatespam
Date: 21/07/03 13:17 GMT Daylight Time

From: "Dr. Robert Faurisson"
eallyhatespam
Date: 21/07/03 06:06 GMT Daylight Time

Your behaviour is typical of psychopathic trolls who *project* their

*own*
shortcomings onto others...

Interestingly enough it is you that is projecting housby! How long have
you been diagnosed with psychotic schitzophrenia? I feel sorry for you

boy.
You were not blessed with intelligence, and you were not blessed with a

sane
mind either. You clearly have no life whatsoever outside of the internet.

suppose this is an idea place for you to hide. Better than use state

money
keeping you locked up in a facility. Good luck with your treatment
housby....you will need it!

Thanks for proving my point again.

Actually, you've proven my point kid! Good luck with the treatment!

Ok. Let's take a step back here. Let's do some research, gather some data, and
analyse those data, shall we?

Do you know how to do research and analyse data, Doc, or rather, did you
*purchase* your doctorate?

Cast your mind waaaaaaaaaaaaay back to immediately before 2003-7-20 at 16:31
PST.

Up to that point, this thread had consisted of only two posts. Both of these
posts discussed the prospect of one Garry Kimovich Kasparov's playing against a
computer program again, and touched upon the relative merits and demerits
thereof.

Fine. This is rec.games.chess.computer, and the subject, Garry Kimovich's
playing a computer program, was, and remains, appropriate to this forum.

Then, at 16:31 PST on 7-20 you took it upon yourself to decide, unilaterally,
and *completely erroneously* that the real focus of this discussion is *envy* -
simply because *you* had *misperceived* it thus.

At 16:58 PST on 7-20 I asked you *why* you considered what had gone before your
eminence in the thread was off-topic.

Your response was typical of people who misperceive honest enquiry as personal
attack. I was asking you to justify your position, in reply I received pure,
unadulterated vituperation, which was disproportionate, ill-conceived and
misguided.

This gave me a hint that you may be a troll.

Your behaviour since then has done nothing to allay my fears. Before you came
along, this thread was on-topic and appropriate.

You are a typical example of those who believe that because they have a
doctorate, they *must* be *completely* correct about *everything*.

Wrong, bucko. Take a hike.