Aeroflot Open 2003 Games

Old July 21st 03, 02:18 AM
Miguel Bailly

Default Aeroflot Open 2003 Games

Where can I find all the games of Aeroflot Open 2003 in a file
(pgn,chessbase)?
TWIC and the official web page of the tourney only have some of them.

Thanks,

Miguel

"Bis dat qui cito dat"

Old July 25th 03, 04:51 AM
MDS

Default Aeroflot Open 2003 Games NO WAY ?

The website at the time had scans of all the games in Opens A and B.

"Gilles Garrigues" wrote in message
I was in Moscow last week and talked to Alex Bakh, the Chief organizer of
the Aeroflot Open(s).
I also regret the limited number of games published so far (about 109 from
Open A and zero from Opens B & C ?).
Alex told me that he does not want to give for free those games to

ChessBase
or Chess Assistant people...

So in the end we may never see those games ! I find distressing that such
treasures might be burried forever, even though I was shocked when looking
at the (now) poor facilities of Russian Chess Fed and Moscow Central

Chess
Club. Also finding in Moscow a bookstore specialized in chess books proved
to be impossible.

--
Gilles Garrigues
President, Dunkerque Chess Club

To E-mail me remove the "Z's" from my address

Miguel Bailly a écrit dans le message :
I have 100 games in my database, but a lot more is missing.

Miguel

From: "Miguel Bailly"
Date: 21/07/03 01:18 GMT Daylight Time
Where can I find all the games of Aeroflot Open 2003 in a file
(pgn,chessbase)?
TWIC and the official web page of the tourney only have some of them.

Thanks,

Miguel

"Bis dat qui cito dat"

There are 98 games in ICC's library. Is this, too, incomplete? How

many
do
you
have?

Mark

Old July 28th 03, 12:12 PM
Gilles Garrigues

Have you tried to process just one scan ?

Old July 29th 03, 07:27 AM
MDS

The games would need to be input into a chess database to create the PGN
file. The scans are still on the website so the games are not lost.

Old July 29th 03, 07:52 AM
Vincent Casasnovas

Hello
What is the URL of scans ?
With a good OCR, we can do a text file and, with any work, a PGN file for
any database
Regards
Vincent

Old July 29th 03, 06:56 PM
Vincent Casasnovas

Thanks you very much
You have reason to be afraid, these scoresheets hand-written are not usable
with OCR

"MDS" a écrit dans le message de news:
The url is

and then click on each
round. I'm afraid that OCR software will not work as the scoresheets are
hand-written.

"Vincent Casasnovas" wrote in

message