Shredder 7

Old July 23rd 03, 10:15 AM
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Default Shredder 7

"Mike L" wrote in message
s.com...

I have shredder 7 chessbase version. How can I get the engine version that

works
with chess partner?

Do you I have to pay again?

It's included on the CD, look for Shredder 'Classic'.

--
GCP

Old July 23rd 03, 11:55 AM
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

engine.exe didn't work.

Download the update from chessbase:
http://chessbase.com/download/index.asp?cat=Shredder+7

Start Shredder Classic up once and load the 7.04 engine
with the CD (for the copyprotection). Exit it again.

Use the Engine Wizard in ChessPartner to load the enginepb.exe
as an UCI Engine.

This should work with engine.exe as well (which'll get you the
standard Shredder 7).

--
GCP

Old July 23rd 03, 12:06 PM
Mike T

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:15:02 GMT, "Gian-Carlo Pascutto"
wrote:

It's included on the CD, look for Shredder 'Classic'.

Ok, I installed classic. Now what? how do I run the engine with chesspartner?

engine.exe didn't work.

Old July 23rd 03, 01:08 PM
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Thanks .. it worked. Only problem now is that the book is not working
with
shredder in chesspartner.

You'll have to use a ChessPartner book. Shredder isn't able to use
its book outside its own GUI.

--
GCP

Old July 24th 03, 07:50 AM
Mike T

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:08:52 GMT, "Gian-Carlo Pascutto"
wrote:

You'll have to use a ChessPartner book. Shredder isn't able to use
its book outside its own GUI.

Is there a site I can download a bigger & better book than the one that comes
with ChessPartner?