Chessbase Light Analysis

Old August 7th 03, 04:50 AM
Muggs

Default Chessbase Light Analysis

Thanks Mark,

I just downloaded Chess Assistant Light, and I can do a full game analysis
on my games with that, and I seem to like it better. NO flames please as I
don't know that much about chess analysis software. I'm a woodpusher 1st
class (1100?) and I thought that I would start to record all my games and
I'm finding out loads that I didn't know.
When I analyze my games in CA light, it gives me an absolute number, and I'm
assuming from what I've read that a + score is good for White and a - score
is good for Black.
That's all very enlightening, but is there a way to get some sort of graph
showing the roller coaster ride that I call a chess game?

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Muggs

From: "Muggs"
Date: 06/08/03 03:20 GMT Daylight Time
Hello All,

I'm completely new to chessbase light, and I was wondering how I can

analyze
a complete game in CB light.

If this is the wrong NG please advise.

TIA,
Muggs

This is exactly the right NG.

AFAIK you *cannot* analyse a complete game either with CBLight or with any
other version of ChessBase. For that function you need some version of

Fritz, 5
or later I believe...

To be sure, you can load an *engine* in CBL and have it analyse a position
until domesday, but it will do no more than this.

Sorry to disappoint you (so much so, in fact, that I hope that I'm

completely
wrong, and that somebody will post a reply which refutes what I have just

said,
but if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath...)

Best
Mark