Printing with Latex in Scid

Old August 6th 03, 06:42 AM
Ulrich Dirr

Default Printing with Latex in Scid

Robert Steen wrote:
Does anyone out there use Latex to print out games in SCID? I remember
looking at the explanation of how to set up Latex a while back and
deciding that it wasn't worth the trouble. I have been exporting to
.html files instead and editing them in Word before printing. Is
there any real advantage to using Latex?

With LaTeX (I prefer PDFLaTeX) you just can do anything. But if it's ok
for you to use HTML than stay with it. TeX is a typesetting program and
LaTeX is a macro package, HTML is the hypertext markup language for the
web. Otherwise use tetex (fptex on win) which is a standard TeX system.
But be aware though getting beautiful output the learning curve is quiet
steep.

Ulrich

Old August 12th 03, 01:04 AM
Robert Steen

Thanks Ulrich. That's what I needed to know. If the sample on the SCID
homepage is any indication, the output is indeed beautiful. But I suspected
the learning curve may be high. I love trying to master this type of thing,
but between work and chess it's not about to happen.