Software for "watching" entire PGN databases?

Old August 10th 03, 08:12 PM
Tim

Default Software for "watching" entire PGN databases?

Hi All;

Is anyone aware of any software that will allow you to point it at
a large PGN, sit back, and just watch it play through all the moves of
all the games?

Of course currently I just use Fritz7 and click click click
click.... But I'd really like to forgoe the constant clicking around
and just sit back, relax, and watch.

Anyone? Many Thanks in advance.

Old August 10th 03, 09:49 PM
Robert Pawlak

Chess Assistant does this.

Bob Pawlak (remove 1et.tw to e-mail)
Chess Assistance
http://www.chessassistance.com
Chess Reviews
http://www.chessreviews.com

Old August 11th 03, 05:29 PM
Mike

ChessVU allows you to watch the game going ahead automatically, while an UCI
engine analyses it (you can set the time, tipically 3-10 seconds per move).

You get the additional features:
- the current book is sought, and when you are out of the book, this is
shown as comment in the text game
- book moves go faster (they are not analysed)
- the book moves are shown as comment, if current move is not considered by
book
- the engine evaluation is shown in the text
- if the engine evaluation (bestmove) differs from the game text move for
more than a given value (you can define) the move is shown in red
- at the end you can show a graphic with the material, and the engine
evaluation

It's thus very easy to find the game critical points.

There are free UCI engines, like Ruffian, Yace, LambChop etc., that are very
good for this purpose.

ChessVU 2.0 (sharewasre) is now available at:

http://web.volftp.mondadori.com/pub/...ss/chessvu.zip
http://dl.winsite.com/bin/downl?winxp/games/Chessvu.zip|0|14500000036702
http://www.smartsw-it.com/chessvu/zip/chessvu.zip
ftp://ftp.volftp.mondadori.com/pub/p...ss/chessvu.zip

Home pages:
http://www.smartsw-it.com
http://chessvu.netfirms.com

You have to set - Menu - Chess engine - Main line analysis, and start the
engine.