Fritz 8 in CB7?

Old August 11th 03, 02:59 PM
John Cordes

Default Fritz 8 in CB7?

Can the Fritz 8 engine be used without problems in ChessBase 7?

Thanks,
John Cordes

Old August 12th 03, 12:47 AM
John Cordes

Yes, I hope to be trying it in a few days, having just ordered F8. I
was just trying to get a headstart on planning.

Thanks,
John

From: John Cordes
Date: 11/08/03 13:59 GMT Daylight Time
Can the Fritz 8 engine be used without problems in ChessBase 7?

I don't have CB7, having jumped straight from 6 to 8, but I see no reason why
Fritz8.eng should *not* work in 7...

Try it.

Best
Mark

Old August 15th 03, 12:33 PM
Gilles Garrigues

Relax it works ...
I just did it (I normally use CB8 but kept CB7 since some functions are
missing in CB8 !!).

--
Gilles Garrigues

To E-mail me remove the "Z's" from my address

Old August 16th 03, 02:19 AM
John Cordes

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:33:39 +0200, Gilles Garrigues
wrote:

Relax it works ...
I just did it (I normally use CB8 but kept CB7 since some functions are
missing in CB8 !!).

--
Gilles Garrigues

To E-mail me remove the "Z's" from my address

"John Cordes" a écrit dans le message de news:
Yes, I hope to be trying it in a few days, having just ordered F8. I
was just trying to get a headstart on planning.

Thanks,
John

Thanks. In fact I just got my Fritz 8 yesterday so have discovered for
myself that it works fine in CB7.

BTW, for those who say that CB7 'doesn't work' under XP, I strongly
disagree. I manage very well using CB7 with XP Home. Admittedly there
are a couple of problems, but to me they are but a minor nuisance.

John