stronger program

Old August 12th 03, 12:30 AM
Bjorn

Default stronger program

What if I swith to a Radeon 9700 instead for my old Geforce4MX400 videocard,
could the switch make the chessprogram Fritz 8 a better player or may a
switch to a better monitor instead to increase its strength??

Old August 12th 03, 01:37 AM
CeeBee

"Bjorn" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

What if I swith to a Radeon 9700 instead for my old Geforce4MX400
videocard, could the switch make the chessprogram Fritz 8 a better
player or may a switch to a better monitor instead to increase its
strength??

The speed of the videocard has no effect on playing strenght.

If you own Fritz 8 you can check that with the Fritzmark. You will see no
difference.

You can test that already with your current card by switching from 2D to 3D
and compare Fritzmarks. If you were right in your assumption, 2D should
make it calculate faster.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2