Identify Openings

Old August 12th 03, 12:15 PM
Ari Makela

Default Identify Openings

In article , Tiger88 wrote:

The idea would be to get this information real time as we play, not have to
look it up later. Any leads to a program that can do this?

In FICS there's command eco which makes exactly what you want.

--
Ari Makela http://arska.org/hauva/

"Deux fous gagnent toujours, mais trois fous, non!" - Alexander Alekhine

Old August 12th 03, 06:55 PM
Mike Ogush

On 12 Aug 2003 11:15:41 GMT, Ari Makela
wrote:

In article , Tiger88 wrote:

The idea would be to get this information real time as we play, not have to
look it up later. Any leads to a program that can do this?

In FICS there's command eco which makes exactly what you want.

--
Ari Makela http://arska.org/hauva/

"Deux fous gagnent toujours, mais trois fous, non!" - Alexander Alekhine

The program ECOclass downloadable at http://pgn.freeservers.com/ will
also give the ECO code and the full variation name for games in PGN.

Mike Ogush
Old August 13th 03, 03:39 AM
Tiger88

In article , Tiger88 wrote:

The idea would be to get this information real time as we play, not have to
look it up later. Any leads to a program that can do this?

In FICS there's command eco which makes exactly what you want.

Thanks Ari, that's pretty much what I was looking for. It would be better
if I didn't have to enter eco after every move and I'd like to see the
descriptions for both sides, but still, not bad...