Where to find Spoken Annotation

Old August 12th 03, 02:31 PM
Fight Cancer

Default Where to find Spoken Annotation

My favorite part of the Chessmaster series hsa got to be the "Josh
Games" in the Classroom. As a patzer, I find it incredibly easy to
follow when someone speaks the moves, variations, and context of the
position. Kudos Chessmaster!

What other programs offer such simple ways to learn?

I'm not looking for mountains of text that show a zillion variations
and expect my to just understand why the position is "bad for black."
I prefer the spoken, dumbed down explanations that can be found in
CM9000. It's really an easy way to learn for me.
TIA,

Fight cancer with your computer!
http://members.cox.net/fightcancer/
Old August 12th 03, 07:58 PM
joe mccarron

Power chess 98 from sierra did this. It was great not only did it
have spoken annotations but it was ready with them right after your
game against the computer. No waiting a half hour to find out how it
thought you did. Since no good deed goes unpunished the software was
appearently discontinued. you can find older copies on e-bay but I
don't think it runs on xp at all.

Old August 13th 03, 12:37 AM
Anthony PDC

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:31:37 GMT, Fight Cancer
wrote:

My favorite part of the Chessmaster series hsa got to be the "Josh
Games" in the Classroom. As a patzer, I find it incredibly easy to
follow when someone speaks the moves, variations, and context of the
position. Kudos Chessmaster!

What other programs offer such simple ways to learn?

I'm not looking for mountains of text that show a zillion variations
and expect my to just understand why the position is "bad for black."
I prefer the spoken, dumbed down explanations that can be found in
CM9000. It's really an easy way to learn for me.
TIA,

Fight cancer with your computer!
http://members.cox.net/fightcancer/

I very much agree. I have noticed a certain whiff off, erm,
"sniffyness" I suppose you'd call it regarding the Chessmaster series
in certain quarters.

I've always rather loved Chessmaster, and it's taught me lots!

Regards,

Anthony

Win XP Pro/Asus P4S533