Fritz 7 question

Old August 13th 03, 07:57 PM
Damir Ulovec

Default Fritz 7 question

When two engines playing a tournament, sometimes in a Notation pane appears move
coloured red. I didn't find anything about this in help. Does somebody know
what's that mean?
Txnks in advance.

Old August 13th 03, 10:03 PM
CeeBee

"Damir Ulovec" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

When two engines playing a tournament, sometimes in a Notation pane
appears move coloured red. I didn't find anything about this in help.
Does somebody know what's that mean?
Txnks in advance.

Colored moves indicate critical situations in stages of the game.

Blue: critical position opening
Red: critical position middlegame
Green: critical position endgame

These colours are primarily used in Fritz/Chessbase to search for such
situations in a database (or compare them). Open a database, open the
search mask and go to the annotations tab. You'll see a possibility to
search for these criteria.

Not to mix up with the two colors sometimes popping up in the _engine_
pane, green and red. If a calculated move turns red or green it's a fail
low (red) or fail high (green).

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 14th 03, 12:24 AM
gameloverfreak

I have been hearing about this Fritz 7 programa nd even poeple have
been recommending me this program to help me learn how to play chess.
ANyways i was wondering what the difference was betwenn fritz 7 and
Majestic Chess, or even Chessmaster?

Old August 14th 03, 01:50 AM
CeeBee

"Damir Ulovec" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

Is this written somewhere in Fritz's documentation? I can't find it.

The search mask is in the section "The database window". AFAIK the
red/green/blue denomination is not mentioned in the Fritz helpfiles. I
guess as you can't add the colors yourself to the moves they forgot to
include it; I also guess they activated it in the engine tournament option
with position learning in mind.