Generating Nalimov tbs: iterations

Old August 18th 03, 10:21 AM
rhinodrome

Default Generating Nalimov tbs: iterations

"Dieter Buerssner" wrote in message
rhinodrome wrote:

Is there a table of number of iterations for each tablebase?

The number of iterations needed is the number of maximum mate length (or
mated length). Those lengths can be found in rather small "tbs" files
available at the Crafty site, ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu in the directory
/pub/hyatt/TB/tbs.

Different TBs will need different time for one iteration, however. But for
a first guess, it could be a good measure.

Thanx, that is more than useful!
Since every iteration lasts pretty much the same,
I can estimate the total time knowing the number of them....

Thanx again.

Old August 19th 03, 09:10 PM
Dieter Buerssner

rhinodrome wrote:

Since every iteration lasts pretty much the same,
I can estimate the total time knowing the number of them....

Without knowing all the details of the Nalimov generator, I would think,
that the latest iterations are faster than earlier ones.

Regards,
Dieter