Incorrect PGN headers ??

Old August 19th 03, 07:08 PM
Mr. Plow

Default Incorrect PGN headers ??

I downloaded the .pgn file of Reinfeld's 1001 Brilliant Ways to Checkmate
from U Pitt with the idea of copying it to my PocketPC and working on the
problems with CEBoard..

The .pgn file copied okay, and there are 1001 games (or positions, I guess)
listed, but whenever I click on one I get an "Unable to load game" error,
with a big red x saying "incorrect pgn header."

Is it possible to correct the pgn header, or is this just not going to work?

Thanks

Old August 19th 03, 08:05 PM
Ari Makela

In article , Mr. Plow wrote:

Is it possible to correct the pgn header, or is this just not going to work?

There are many programs for this purpose. I have used Barnes'
pgn-extract and pgnfix which comes with SCID. Both are easily found with
Google.

--
Ari Makela http://arska.org/hauva/

"Deux fous gagnent toujours, mais trois fous, non!" - Alexander Alekhine