Fritz 8 - taken pieces

Old August 20th 03, 04:08 PM
Darko Majdic

Default Fritz 8 - taken pieces

Is there a possibility to view taken pieces in Fritz 8?

--
Darko Majdić

Old August 20th 03, 05:45 PM
CeeBee

John Cordes wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

Yes. Right-click in the Notation window (where the move-list for the
game
is found) and select Material.

Strictly speaking this is material diffence, not taken pieces. If you nick
a black pawn with your white pawn you see a white pawn (your advantage)
popping up. AFAIK there's no separate window available to show you the
pieces which are off the board.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 20th 03, 05:54 PM
John Grabowski

John Cordes wrote:
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:08:47 +0200, Darko Majdic
wrote:

Is there a possibility to view taken pieces in Fritz 8?

Yes. Right-click in the Notation window (where the move-list for the game

No, that's not what that window is.

It is not possible to see captured pieces, only material differneces.

John

--
Whatever their other contributions to our society, lawyers could be an
important source of protein. --Cartoon Caption

Old August 20th 03, 06:52 PM
John Cordes

wrote:

Is there a possibility to view taken pieces in Fritz 8?

Yes. Right-click in the Notation window (where the move-list for the game

No, that's not what that window is.

It is not possible to see captured pieces, only material differneces.

John

Ok, I concede the point; guess I leaped to a (perhaps unwanted)
conclusion.

John