Tablebase DEPTH in Fritz 6,7..8 ?!

Old August 20th 03, 08:59 PM
Brice Allenbrand

Default Tablebase DEPTH in Fritz 6,7..8 ?!

What does this module parameter mean ?

Regards.

Brice Allenbrand

Old August 20th 03, 10:54 PM
CeeBee

"Brice Allenbrand" wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

What does this module parameter mean ?

From the help file:

quoteTablebase depth: This determines when the program starts to consult
the endgame tablebases. By setting a higher value, you make the program
consult the tablebases later and less often. This may be necessary if you
think that the tablebase access is slowing down the program. But, of
course, you may be preventing perfect play./quote

It can be a disadvantage in analysis, yet an advantage in say blitz or
bullet play.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2