Fritz 8 - startup screen

Old August 21st 03, 12:05 AM
Darko Majdic

Default Fritz 8 - startup screen

Is it possible to switch off startup screen in Fritz where I have to
choose between playing with Fritz and playing on playchess.com?

--
Darko MajdiŠ

Old August 21st 03, 12:31 AM
CeeBee

Darko Majdic wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

Is it possible to switch off startup screen in Fritz where I have to
choose between playing with Fritz and playing on playchess.com?

http://fs.dontexist.com/

Readme.txt:

quote

This utility allows automatic starting of Fritz 7 or 8 without having
to press Space or make a mouseclick into the startup screen.
Simply copy ┤StartFritz.exe┤ to the same folder where you have your
┤ChessProgramX.exe┤ (where X means 7,8 or even 9 :-)), and change your
Fritz-shortcut in the startmenu (or on desktop)from ┤ChessProgramX.exe┤
to ┤StartFritz.exe┤ - or create a new shortcut for it.

┤StartFritz┤ searches the current directory for any ┤ChessProgramX.exe┤,
starts this program and simulates pressing a Space by sending this
keycode to the startup screen, so the Fritz-GUI is starting immediately.

You can also use it to automatically go to the PlayChess server -
in this case you have to add ANY parameter after the program name,
e.g. ┤StartFritz.exe server┤ (or anything else you want).

Hint: If you want to exit Fritz, don┤t simply close the window with
Alt-F4 (or with a mouseclick to the close button), because in this
case the startup screen would appear again (and so far I┤ve not
found a solution for avoiding this). You should better quit Fritz
with the menu ┤File Exit program┤ (or even create a shortcut
for this), which immediately closes all windows and exits Fritz.

Franz Huber June 2003
email-address snipped

/quote

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 21st 03, 12:36 AM
Darko Majdic