Free Database

Old August 22nd 03, 05:11 PM
Gian-Carlo Pascutto

Default Free Database

"Ѥ " wrote in message
. ca...
Does anyone know where I can get a free database for my Fritz 7?

There's one included on the CD.

--
GCP

Old August 23rd 03, 04:46 PM
Patzerseescheck

Ah, therein lies the problem. Probably the best place to get a FREE
"database" for your Fritz 7 is to BUY Fritz 7. A FREE database comes
with it.

"Ѥ " wrote in message
. ca...
Does anyone know where I can get a free database for my Fritz 7?

There's one included on the CD.

--
GCP

Patzerseescheck

"What is hateful to you, do not to your freind. This is the entire Torah. The rest is commentary. Go forth and learn."
Hillel the Elder, First Cent. B.C.E.
Old August 23rd 03, 07:33 PM
CeeBee

"Ѥ " wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

If I was looking for a smart ass comment from an uneducated, witless,
jackass loser I would have asked for you by name "Patzerseescheck"

Shouldn't you start your usual homosexuals rant?

You shouldn't be looking for smart ass comments, you should be looking for
free databases to accompany your stolen Fritz 7 copy, like 2.5 million
games ready to be imported at

http://www.uib.no/people/pfvaf/chess.../freefiles.htm

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Old August 23rd 03, 08:32 PM

"CeeBee" wrote in message
. 6.67...
"Ѥ " wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

If I was looking for a smart ass comment from an uneducated, witless,
jackass loser I would have asked for you by name "Patzerseescheck"

Shouldn't you start your usual homosexuals rant?

You shouldn't be looking for smart ass comments, you should be looking for
free databases to accompany your stolen Fritz 7 copy, like 2.5 million
games ready to be imported at

http://www.uib.no/people/pfvaf/chess.../freefiles.htm

Thanks for the link Cee, but I knew about that already. I used to give that
link out when people asked me about games. I guess I should have been more
specific and mentioned that I was looking for games in a chessbase
proprietary format such as .cbv or .cbh etc. PGN files take all day to mine
through with fritz. Funny thing is that chesslib site used to offer that
database is PGN, scid, and .cbh Now its PGN or bust!?!

Old August 23rd 03, 09:17 PM

Thank you very much Jabba!

"jabba2000ad" wrote in message
om...
"Ѥ " wrote in message

.ca...
Does anyone know where I can get a free database for my Fritz 7?

If you look through the threads from the past few months, there are
several with links to large free database downloads.

Also, the university of Pittsburgh has a massive collection of files.

PS. I read the other threads with interest. I have purchased three
chessbase programs, and many CD's, but that doesn't give me the right
to presume you have an illegal copy of the program. I certainly don't
feel the need to climb on a soap box about it.

Jabba.

Old August 24th 03, 01:41 AM

"CeeBee" wrote in message
.67...
"Ѥ " wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

Thanks for the link Cee, but I knew about that already. I used to give
that link out when people asked me about games. I guess I should have
been more specific and mentioned that I was looking for games in a
chessbase proprietary format such as .cbv or .cbh etc. PGN files take
all day to mine through with fritz. Funny thing is that chesslib site
used to offer that database is PGN, scid, and .cbh Now its PGN or
bust!?!

Open the PGN-files, select all games, copy and paste those games into a
newly created CBH-file under Fritz and you have a native Chessbase
database.

I tried that before...it didn't work. Also, pgn files are about twice the
size of cbh

Old August 24th 03, 02:52 AM
CeeBee

"Ѥ " wrote in
rec.games.chess.computer:

I tried that before...it didn't work. Also, pgn files are about twice
the size of cbh

It does. I have here in front of me the complete database from those
five PGN databases with 2.5 million games in CBH-format, 114Mb. After
copying them, just delete the PGN-files.

You should really complain with the guy you got Fritz 7 from or rip a
better copy.