Generating tablebases, is it worth the trouble?

Old August 24th 03, 01:49 PM
Joerg Moormann
Default Generating tablebases, is it worth the trouble?

Try http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/eg/...a2bkd5bne4bbd6

The position is set up in the URL. Or

Here to set up via FEN

Maybe they have what you are looking for. But there are no 6men with
pawns available to this day.

And the other ones I cannot see something thats interesting. Most of
them are easy to win or absolutely draw.

For 5men: RP-R and QP-Q are interesting, but you should search ebay.
They are not expensive.

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:33:22 GMT, "Ѥ "

The thing is...I have a second computer, so I could leave one of them
working on the tablebases for as long as it takes....if we're talking a
couple of weeks straight, no problem....if its a year...we might have a