Generating tablebases, is it worth the trouble?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 22nd 03, 08:53 PM
Marcel Alsemgeest
Default Generating tablebases, is it worth the trouble?

I'm thinking of generating 5-piece tablebases, but that will take quite some
time even on my fairly powerfull machine. So i wonder if it is really worth
the trouble. My main reason would be to let my pc play more effective
against other pc's, but will that indeed be the case when I use tablebases,
or isn't there much difference noticable?