Missing True 3D Boards on Fritz8 GUI

Old August 24th 03, 03:04 AM
Anon Anonymous

Default Missing True 3D Boards on Fritz8 GUI

It may be due to the fact that you have an incompatible or an inadequate
video card.

hth,

nm

"Larry Hermann" wrote in message
et...
I am using the Fritz8 GUI that I received with Deep Junior 8. The only
non-symbol boards that I am offered are balloons and silver and only a
marble board. The help illustration shows many more boards and pieces that

seem to be missing, including a wooden board with a wooden Staunton set.
Where can I find the missing sets?

Larry

Old August 24th 03, 04:00 AM
Larry Hermann

I don't think this is what's happening - I have a new ATI 9800 Pro board
with Direct X 9. Additional boards and sets are shown in the illustrated
instructions but I cannot find them on the installation CD. I think I'm
missing something.

Larry

Old August 24th 03, 04:15 AM
Sir Spock

You only get the 3d boards which come with J8 or DJ8. You do not get the 3d
boards which come with Fritz, Shredder, ChessTiger etc... The wooden board
comes from Fritz i think.