Chessbase uninstall

Old March 28th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chessbase uninstall

I need help. CB 9 has been giving me all sorts of problems and the
suggestions that CB hq has sent me have not helped much.

I'm thinking a few clean uninstall and reinstalls might help. But I
find that CB isn't listed in Windows XP's Add/Remove programs panel.
What??

How do I uninstall the program? At first Chessbase tried to send
suggestions, but now they haven't responded in a few days. Can anyone
help me?

Any idea why I keep getting crashes? If nothing else, how to
uninstall?

If all fails, I'm going to return this thing before the 30 days are up.

Old March 28th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

It's all your fault. Reload Windows XP, or better yet switch to DOS 1.7.
It's your fault. There is nothing wrong with CB software. Nobody ever
experiences crashes but you. It's your fault. Can't uninstall? Why would you
want to anyway? That proves it's all your fault. Send CB another $300, they
will fix your problem.

oups.com...

Old March 28th 06, 10:01 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Hi,

I had the same problem with CB9 too. It crashed and did not start any
more.

I repaired the installtion, updated online (playchess) and it crashed
again! It did not start any more.

I did this operation 2-3 times but it was no help.

Then I updated CB9 with an update-file that was with CBM105. After that
everything works just fine.

Regards,
Tykki

(system with WIN XP Home)

Old March 28th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chessbase uninstall and Tune-Up Utilities

Try Tune-Up Utilities - it's great at fixing registry and other
"minor" glitches!
--
Regards,
Casey
Old March 29th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

So I ran Tune-Up Utilities but it still doesn't show me Chessbase 9 in
the add/remove programs. How do I fix this? In contrast, CBLight and
CBreader are listed there for removal. I'd be happy to be able to
uninstall and reinstall CB. I foolishly tried to install CB 9 from the
DVD onto my laptop and now that laptop has a CB 9 which cannot be
uninstalled!