Beginner atleast 1850+ Rated acording to FICS games.

Old March 28th 08, 01:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

Default Beginner atleast 1850+ Rated acording to FICS games.

As few people said FICS gives correct Rating.

I played 3 Games at FICS against Beginner Level, To my amazement
Beginner won all the three games.

It beat three players of Rating 1832 and 1700 and 1500. And Now FICS
rates GetClub Beginner level as 1800+

So all those who used to say Beginner plays less than 1800 Look at
this game. See how Beginner Sacrificed its Knight and Won the game.
The opponent Resigned So I had to stop the game after 32 moves only.

This Game was 15 min Game at FICS.

Game Played between (1832) Rated Player and beginner at GetClub.com

(1832) Rated Player: (Black)
beginner: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...670&game=Chess

White -- Black
(beginner) -- ( (1832) Rated Player)

1. e2-e4{0} d7-d6{120}
2. d2-d4{0} Ng8-f6{12}
3. Nb1-c3{0} g7-g6{32}
4. Ng1-f3{0} Bf8-g7{14}
5. Bf1-d3{6} Ke8-g8{14}
6. Bc1-e3{6} Nf6-g4{16}
7. Be3-g5{6} h7-h6{30}
8. Bg5-d2{0} Nb8-d7{14}
9. h2-h3{6} Ng4-f6{12}
10. Qd1-c1{10} Kg8-h7{14}
11. Ke1-g1{6} c7-c5{14}
12. e4-e5{16} d6-e5{72}
13. d4-e5{8} Nf6-e8{22}
14. Bd2-f4{6} e7-e6{16}
15. Qc1-d2{14} a7-a6{28}
16. Nc3-e4{6} b7-b6{24}
17. c2-c3{12} Bc8-b7{22}
18. Rf1-d1{0} f7-f5{154}
19. e5-f6{0} Nd7-f6{22}
20. Nf3-g5{6} h6-g5{32}
21. Ne4-g5{8} Kh7-h8{30}
22. f2-f3{0} Qd8-c8{154}
23. Bd3-g6{0} Nf6-d5{14}
24. Ng5-f7{6} Kh8-g8{82}
25. Nf7-h6{0} Bg7-h6{14}
26. Bf4-h6{6} Rf8-f6{16}
27. Qd2-g5{6} Kg8-h8{50}
28. Bg6-e8{8} Rf6-h6{76}
29. Qg5-h6{0} Kh8-g8{14}
30. Qh6-g6{8} Kg8-h8{24}
31. Be8-f7{0}
(1832) Rated Player: (Black)
beginner: (White)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...670&game=Chess

So now I get confidence in saying Beginner plays like 1800+ player.

This Game was 15 min Game at FICS.

Bye
Sanny

Old March 28th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Chess Nuggets

What handle or userid did you use at FICS?

Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Old March 29th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
help bot

Sanny wrote:

As few people said FICS gives correct Rating.

I played 3 Games at FICS against Beginner Level, To my amazement
Beginner won all the three games.

It beat three players of Rating 1832 and 1700 and 1500. And Now FICS
rates GetClub Beginner level as 1800+

So all those who used to say Beginner plays less than 1800 Look at
this game. See how Beginner Sacrificed its Knight and Won the game.
The opponent Resigned So I had to stop the game after 32 moves only.

Sanny, assuming you are allowed to do this,
you should play a lot more than just three
games, if you want a reliable rating.

For instance, the USCF considers a player
to be "provisionally rated" until they have 20
rated games, and such ratings can fluctuate
wildly at first.

If you are really interested in an accurate
rating, you need to play opponents fairly
close to the same strength as your program,
so you win some, and lose some. In sum,
beating the 1500 player tells us very little we
don't already know (although it brings the
game total up by one).

If indeed FICS is reputed to give reliable
ratings comparable to USCF or FIDE, I may
just play a few games there myself, to see
where I stand (against humans).

Congratulations on winning all three games.
(My guess is that those people did not know
they were facing a computer, and made
crude tactical errors.)

-- help bot
Old March 29th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

*Congratulations on winning all three games.
(My guess is that those people did not know
they were facing a computer, and made
crude tactical errors.)

Thanks, I think you should try Normal & Easy Levels instead of
Beginner Level as Beginner is very weak than you and do not give
enough competition to you.

Let me see how you beat the Easy & Normal Levels. Leave the Beginner
Level for New Players. Strong players should take challenge with Easy
& Normal Levels.

And I am waiting to see someone beat the Master Level. Now no one ever
tries playing with that level

Beginner: 5-10 sec / move (Good Level to start)
Easy: 20-40 sec / move (Very Strong)
Normal : 1-2 min/ Move (As good as Help Bot)

New Estimates of Rating are.

Beginner: 1800 Rating
Easy: 2000 Rating
Normal: 2200 Rating
Master: 2400 Rating

Bye
Sanny

Old March 29th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Kenneth Sloan

Sanny wrote:
Congratulations on winning all three games.
(My guess is that those people did not know
they were facing a computer, and made
crude tactical errors.)

Thanks, I think you should try Normal & Easy Levels instead of
Beginner Level as Beginner is very weak than you and do not give
enough competition to you.

Let me see how you beat the Easy & Normal Levels. Leave the Beginner
Level for New Players. Strong players should take challenge with Easy
& Normal Levels.

And I am waiting to see someone beat the Master Level. Now no one ever
tries playing with that level

Beginner: 5-10 sec / move (Good Level to start)

nope

Easy: 20-40 sec / move (Very Strong)

no way

Normal : 1-2 min/ Move (As good as Help Bot)

not a chance

New Estimates of Rating are.

Beginner: 1800 Rating
Easy: 2000 Rating
Normal: 2200 Rating
Master: 2400 Rating

hilarious!

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old March 29th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

Easy: 20-40 sec / move (Very Strong)

no way

Normal : 1-2 min/ Move (As good as Help Bot)

not a chance

Play a game and see for yourself. If your Rating is Less than 1800 You
will not be able to beat the Beginner Level. Yesterday Beginner beat a
1832 Rated Player.

If you are 1900-2000 You can play with Easy Level

If you are 2000-2100 Normal Level will give you tough challenge.

Bye
Sanny

Old March 29th 08, 06:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Sanny

On Mar 28, 7:31*pm, Chess Nuggets wrote:
What handle or userid did you use at FICS?

Someone told FIC people that I use Computer and they closed my
account. I have replied them that I just want to test 10-12 games only
to know the Rating of GetClub Chess. Lets see what they reply. I don't
think testing Beginner Level will spoil any of their Rating System. As
Beginner will play at same level all the time.

I am guessing who Complained them?? Is it you ?|||

Bye
Sanny

Old March 29th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
Kenneth Sloan

Sanny wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:31 pm, Chess Nuggets wrote:
What handle or userid did you use at FICS?

Someone told FIC people that I use Computer and they closed my
account. I have replied them that I just want to test 10-12 games only
to know the Rating of GetClub Chess. Lets see what they reply. I don't
think testing Beginner Level will spoil any of their Rating System. As
Beginner will play at same level all the time.

I am guessing who Complained them?? Is it you ?|||

They will reply that using a computer is cause for closing your account
- and they don't care one bit about whether or not *you* think it's a
good idea, or harmless.

The other players have a right to know if they are playing a human or a
computer.

You cheated. You got caught. Get over it.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old March 29th 08, 09:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics
help bot

On Mar 29, 1:18 am, Sanny wrote:

Congratulations on winning all three games.
(My guess is that those people did not know
they were facing a computer, and made
crude tactical errors.)

Thanks, I think you should try Normal & Easy Levels instead of
Beginner Level as Beginner is very weak than you and do not give
enough competition to you.

Let me see how you beat the Easy & Normal Levels. Leave the Beginner
Level for New Players. Strong players should take challenge with Easy
& Normal Levels.

According to the ratings on GetClub, I am
already playing the toughest competition
available: the 1000-rated Beginner level. :D

And I am waiting to see someone beat the Master Level. Now no one ever
tries playing with that level

Maybe the fact that a repetition draw is
scored, not as a draw but as a loss, has
something to do with it. Why give draw
odds against a 400-rated level?

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Beginner: 5-10 sec / move (Good Level to start)
Easy: 20-40 sec / move (Very Strong)
Normal : 1-2 min/ Move (As good as Help Bot)

Help bot is rated 1500+, some *hundreds*
of points higher than the Normal level.

New Estimates of Rating are.

Beginner: 1800 Rating
Easy: 2000 Rating
Normal: 2200 Rating
Master: 2400 Rating

Hmm... that would make me a nearly-a-GM/
Eat yout heart out, nearly-IMnes!

== help bot

Old March 29th 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
help bot

On Mar 29, 2:52 am, Sanny wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:31 pm, Chess Nuggets wrote:

What handle or userid did you use at FICS?

Someone told FIC people that I use Computer and they closed my
account.

Surprise. (not!)

I am guessing who Complained them?? Is it you ?|||

The use of computers is supposed to be
known in advance on some Web sites. You
may need a special computer ID, and your
victims get to know in advance what program
is beating them like carrots.

-- help bot