Anyone working on chess playing algorithms?

Old August 8th 15, 05:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
R Kym Horsell

Default Anyone working on chess playing algorithms?

My eyes are still bright and tail relatively bushy.
I've been away from chess programs for a "few years" but am back
for another potential drubbing.
(As they say on the stret, I only write the software -- I don't
use the stuff myself).
My thing de jour is quantum computers and simulations and emulations
thereof.
Although I haven't heard anything about playing chess using QC
I'm sure there must be *someone* out there doing it, if only
behind a cold company firewall and a stack of NDA's.
I've contacted a couple people in the field and I detect
mid-level nibbles.
Anyone else?