Rebel3 and Windows 10

Old August 25th 15, 06:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
[email protected]

Default Rebel3 and Windows 10

Hi,

Does anyone know how to run Rebel 3 (Decade 10) on Windows 10?

I've tried DOSbox but it doesn't work with Rebel.
Tried the Compatability thing in W10 but no.

Thanks for any help.

Arthur
Old August 26th 15, 01:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
[email protected]

Hi David,

Thanks for the bad news, it will keep me from wasting anymore time on
this subject.

I think I will use my very old WinXP machine as a dedicated chess
machine because I can't see abandoning Rebel.

Regards,

Arthur Smith
Old August 28th 15, 05:13 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
[email protected]

You should be able to install an old copy of XP setup inside a virtual
machine running on the new OS. Then you have the new faster CPU and the
old OS that supports the old 16bit components presumably in Rebel.

Chances are you have mislaid such prehistoric license keys but several
tools will recover them with ease.

Martin,

Thank you for your comments.

As you say I have mislaid my old Win Xp disk. What tools can be used
to recover them? I never thought to do that.

Regards,

Arthur Smith