Fritz 14 64bit overheating

Old November 19th 15, 06:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Seymore4Head

Default Fritz 14 64bit overheating

I have an I7. After just a few min playing Fritz 14 I start hearing a
low alarm coming from my computer. Are there settings that will limit
CPU usage.

I can play Skyrim on full graphics and the machine doesn't overheat.
Old November 20th 15, 12:19 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
David Eather

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 04:19:13 +1000, Seymore4Head
wrote:

I have an I7. After just a few min playing Fritz 14 I start hearing a
low alarm coming from my computer. Are there settings that will limit
CPU usage.

I can play Skyrim on full graphics and the machine doesn't overheat.

Skyrim graphics are offloaded to the GPU (graphics card). Reduce your
overclocking
Old November 23rd 15, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Martin Brown

On 19/11/2015 18:19, Seymore4Head wrote:
I have an I7. After just a few min playing Fritz 14 I start hearing a
low alarm coming from my computer. Are there settings that will limit
CPU usage.

You can select the number of cores/threads - I find mine runs fastest
with about 6 threads and any more just generate additional heat.

Try the benchmarks.

I can play Skyrim on full graphics and the machine doesn't overheat.

Chess programs do make the CPU work pretty hard. If your cooling isn't
really up to it or you overclock too much then the chip will overheat.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown