Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Learn Chess Or Call Me An Idiot!! (FREE electronic chess book for beginners!) by Chessnia
http://www.chessnia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=246 After working for the Sydney Academy Of Chess for more than a year, doing chess coaching at many schools all over Sydney, I was inspired by the experience and a few months ago I started working on an interesting project: a free book which would complement my coaching at those schools so that kids could use it as reference, but also...
February 16th 07 06:12 PM
by Chessnia Go to last post
2 473
Jim Berry plans to buy the election by sponsoring the 2007 US Championship by samsloan
I just got the exclusive scoop from Don Schultz that Jim Berry is planning to buy the election by sponsoring the 2007 US Championship. I plan to vote this down because the USCF doesn't need his money. We don't need people with money to run this federation. Leroy Dubeck, Beatriz Marinello, Donna Alarie, Don Schultz, Mike Goodall, Joe Lux and I plan to kill this deal. Remember you hear it from me...
February 16th 07 06:20 AM
by Joker Go to last post
4 427
Crafty Question by David Richerby
Artificer wrote: I would like to know what is the latest version of the crafty engine and if it is still under development. http://www.craftychess.com/ says 21.5 and yes, respectively. Dave. --
February 16th 07 01:09 AM
by Tony M Go to last post
5 474
My slate launched heavy attacks against SP by samsloan
Leroy Dubeck, Don Schultz, Donna Alarie, Beatriz Marinello, Joe Lux and I will do everything we can to derail SP and her team. We don't need any stinking Bulgarian to run the USCF. We're doing just fine. All foreigners should be deported. Sam Sloan
February 16th 07 12:38 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 350
DGT Board and Fritz 8 by ppcur
i use the moves announcing when i use the DGT in Fritz 8. i would use the italian announcing that i found on the DGT website, but it seems that Fritz uses only is announcing (english announcing). Can someone help me to fix the problem? tahnks a lot
February 15th 07 06:39 PM
by ppcur Go to last post
0 403
Looking for an opening reference book for Scid by pascal
Hi, I am trying to continue the developement of Scid (see http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/) and I added a book feature (useful for training and game annotation of course). I generated my own books with Polyglot from PGN files : - one with games with both players over 2400 ELO - one with games with both players over 2600 ELO The databases came from various places on Internet (2 to 3 millions
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 07 06:03 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
15 1,104
Rybka 2.3 released eom by Thomas T. Veldhouse
-- Thomas T. Veldhouse Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0
February 15th 07 03:20 PM
by Thomas T. Veldhouse Go to last post
0 383
World smallest chess program by [email protected]
Hi, a year ago I won the 2005 Best Game categoryof the International Obfuscated C Code Contestwith a chess program. http://www.ioccc.org/whowon2005.html http://www.mailcom.com/ioccc/toledo/hint.htmBut this post is because I have discovered (asurprise for me) that it is also the worldsmallest chess program written in C language.It has a size of 3004 bytes, or 2261 bytes simplydeleting all the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 07 08:36 AM
by Richard Bos Go to last post
61 1,983
chess variant 5x7 by [email protected]
Hello! I am looking for a chess program that can play a variant: 5x7 board size, 1 king, 1 queen, 1 rook, 1 bishop, 1 knight plus 5 pawns. Has anyone heard about this variant? Do you know where I can get a program (with GUI would be nice!) that can play this variant? Thank you.
February 15th 07 08:30 AM
by M Winther Go to last post
6 562
Chess teaching/coaching software by Mike Leahy
Chess teachers and coaches who are also computer savvy will want to take a look at... www.chesscoachmembers.com Coaches get a copy of Susan Polgar Teaches Chess for Coaches. This new Windows software lets coaches and teachers record their voice while annotating on the board. Students can be asked questions and the program can react with different programming answers.
February 15th 07 07:53 AM
by Ricardo Go to last post
5 381
Bill Goichberg makes $50,000 deal with Jim Berry by samsloan
Don Schultz has confirmed to me that Bill Goichberg has indeed signed a $50,000 sponsorship package to hold the 2007 US Championship in Stillwater, Oklahoma in exchange for a seat on the board for Jim Berry. I oppose this deal. Donna Alarie, Beatriz Marinello, Joe Lux, Mike Goodall and Leroy Dubeck also reject this deal. Sam Sloan
February 14th 07 10:44 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 437
Brock lies about Donna Alarie by samsloan
Read more, write less. Donna supports my candidacy. She said so in the USCF forum. Quit lying. I'm a big shot board member and you're banned. She also supports Mike Goodall, Don Schultz and Joe Lux. This slate will win. Sam Sloan
February 14th 07 06:41 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 467
Leroy Dubeck found me more support in Donna Alarie by samsloan
Donna Alarie has just joined my group after Leroy Dubeck asked her to. Donna refused to endorse Randy Bauer. Her job is to help Beatriz Marinello make sure that SP is not elected. We need to push our slate of Schultz, Goodall, Lux and me through. Sam Sloan
6 452
Donna Alarie supports Sam Sloan by samsloan
Donna Alarie has changed her mind about me. She thinks I'm doing a great job and she doesn't want to recall me anymore. I successfully got rid of Tanner and the AF4C and now Donna is helping me get rid of SP. She finally realizes that I'm good in what I do. I can't do this without the support from Leroy Dubeck, Beatriz Marinello and Don Schultz. Sam Sloan
February 14th 07 04:51 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 371
Generate and store EGTB's as a data tree by [email protected]
In order to be able to look-up a chess position in an EG table base, the indexing scheme must ensure that each position is translated into a unique number. The indexing scheme largely determines the size of the EGTB files, so the number of illegal positions that an indexing scheme allows should therefore be kept to a minimum. I can think of an indexing scheme that allows absolutely NO...
February 14th 07 04:48 PM
by Vincent Diepeveen Go to last post
4 413
Goichberg, Polgar, Truong, Free Ads in Chess Life and the $39,000 by samsloan
You are splitting hairs here. Certainly anybody reading these postings by Bill Goichberg would reasonably conclude that neither Polgar nor Truong were paid anything at all. Now, we finally figure out that when Bill Goichberg stated that Truong was paid very little, he is referring to Truong individually, not Truong as the "business manager" (as he calls himself) of Susan Polgar. I think that...
February 14th 07 04:44 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
8 466
Fritz 10 not Printing Games by Locksley O. Young
Just trying to print a game using Fritz 10 for the first time. Got gibberish. Fired up Fritz 9 and printed the game OK. Any ideas? Thanks. locksley
February 14th 07 03:25 PM
by Locksley O. Young Go to last post
3 468
I am the Father of Anna Nicole Smith's Baby by samsloan
As hundreds or even thousands of men line up to take paternity tests to establish that they are the father of Anna Nicole Smith's Baby, I wish to establish that I am the real father. I ****ed her in every position possible. She was a horny and kinky bitch. Other men who claim that they are the real father are invited to join this group. At least we can share our experiences with Anna...
February 14th 07 07:42 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 428
Abnormal bloke? by [email protected]
Who's this ****** Sam Sloan. Did he really sleep with Anny Nicole Smith or is he just another wannabe?
February 14th 07 04:30 AM
by Chess Freak Go to last post
1 418
CA9 by Xtra
Hi all impossible to have chessassistant working under windows vista. Have you the same problem? thx
February 13th 07 05:06 PM
by Xtra Go to last post
0 496
Post New Thread