Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Editor of Bobby Fischer Documentary Killed by Getaway Car by samsloan
Karen Schmeer dies at 39; film editor of Bobby Fischer documentary February 2, 2010 Karen Schmeer, an award-winning film editor who worked on many documentaries, was struck and killed by a getaway car speeding from a New York City drugstore robbery on Friday, police and her mother said. She was 39. Schmeer was crossing Broadway at West 90th Street on the Upper West Side of Manhattan when she...
February 12th 10 06:39 PM
by zdrakec Go to last post
1 567
Play Heavy Rain Demo For Free by jolly
Play Heavy Rain Demo For Free http://www.techespot.com/2010/02/download-heavy-rain-demo.html
February 12th 10 08:17 AM
by jolly Go to last post
0 515
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by Matt Nemmers[_2_]
On Feb 7, 6:48*am, Sanny wrote: GetClub was improved again today. Now it plays like a stone wall. You will find no way to beat it. Even Baby level is very difficult. Any player here who can dare challenge the Easy Level now??? Baby Level: 2100+ Beginner Level: 2300+
February 11th 10 04:47 PM
by None Go to last post
2 517
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by [email protected]
I think at 2 sec/ move baby level was unable to do the basic tactics needed in the game. And yet, per your post above, you rate Baby level at 2100+. 2100+ and can't do basic tactics? Oh, my.
February 11th 10 03:22 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 493
Response to Polgar's Rule 41 Motion by Chris Falter
On Feb 8, 8:00*pm, samsloan wrote: In text format, this pleading is confusing because it is difficult to tell the difference between the postings by the Fake Sam Sloan and the real postings by me. So, here is the real pleading in PDF Format. http://www.anusha.com/polgar-rule41a-motion.pdf Sam Sloan
February 10th 10 07:21 PM
by Bobcat Go to last post
3 585
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by MeaningWhat[_2_]
micky schrieb: Taylor Kingston wrote: . I doubt Greg is actually trying to use "The Master" as a disguise; if so, he's done a very poor job of it. Like, say, William Shatner putting a bunch of bananas on his head and claiming to be Carmen Miranda. Jeppie said, “Wittgenstein was a melancholic, but he was a big fan of Carmen Miranda.”
February 10th 10 07:01 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 458
ChessX 0.7 by Bruno Rizzuti
The new version of ChessX is out! There are lots of bugfixes, especially in the engine management. Now adding engines is even easier than before, and all the most important ones have been tested to work reliably. Other important usability improvements include progress bar for visualizing slow operations. http://chessx.sourceforge.net/ ChessX is a chess database under development, totally...
February 10th 10 06:35 PM
by Bruno Rizzuti Go to last post
0 493
Blasts from the Past by ChessFire
On February 14, 2003 at 07:10:40, Rolf Tueschen wrote: Just to explain some basics for new readers, I show why the whole List is worthless. The rankings are by chance the way they are presented. Since only a few here have basic knowledge in statistics I explain the most apparet things. We are told that for instance the two first programs are seperated by 8 points. No matter Stefan get...
February 9th 10 11:12 PM
by ChessFire Go to last post
0 518
Now, no player here can beat GetClub Chess by Mike Murray
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:17:32 +1100, micky wrote: “And,” Jeppie went on, “he also said, ‘What we cannot speak of, we must pass over in silence,’ ” I always disliked this rather unpoetic translation.
February 9th 10 07:05 PM
by Mike Murray Go to last post
0 477
GetClub average Time in Median. by MeaningWhat[_2_]
Sanny schrieb: Why don't you do the math yourself? This example just proves my point and contradicts your statement. Come on, we are too lazy for that, I wrote a quick script to do the counting: $ ruby -e 'time, count = 0, 0; $stdin.each_line { | l | l =~ /.*\{(\d+)\}/; time += $1.to_i; count += 1; }; puts "#{count} moves in #{time}s, #{time.to_f/count}s/move"' ...
February 9th 10 03:35 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 499
Which Fritz? by Devils_Advocate
I'm only about a 1400 level player. I play at home on the computer, for lack of local casual friends to play. I've been using Chessmaster 9000 because I like the brown & beige 2d woodgrain set. They didn't even include that set in future versions. But I'm sick of having to dedicate my CD drive to babysit their game. So people have been suggesting Fritz for some time, but I thought that all...
February 7th 10 12:02 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
7 739
challenge to chris neutral ground by Zatoichi Yamamoto
chris, Maria Clara has asked to meet youat Harvey's forum or the immortal forum. She has asked you for an open free discussion on CCC/CTF, but, instead you threatened her with "ban". Are you reduced to a nobody?
February 6th 10 03:56 PM
by Zatoichi Yamamoto Go to last post
0 526
Scid 4.2.2 released (chess database and training software) by Pascal
Hi, Scid 4.2.2 is released at http://scid.sourceforge.net See http://scid.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html to get an idea of some of Scid's features. Note that the "find best move" feature is now easier to use, explanations are available at http://scid.sourceforge.net/findbestmove.html
February 2nd 10 08:57 PM
by Pascal Go to last post
0 884
I won chess game again by MeaningWhat[_2_]
Sanny schrieb: GetClub - Baby Level was beaten by me. I used an opening book in which earlier Fritz 5.32 beat GetClub. So I was one pawn up in just 10 moves. as Baby level could not recapture the exchange. Sanny, this is great news. this means that you are a 2865+ player. Congrats! do you have plans on winning some other tournaments?
February 2nd 10 01:39 PM
by MeaningWhat[_2_] Go to last post
0 417
Fritz 5.32 vs GetClub - No contest! by RocketMan[_2_]
Why do I believe all the rubbish that Sanny says about his Get Clunk? I read the earlier post about his monstrosity playing 'as good as' Fritz 5.32, which actually got me thinking... I am sorry to say that I have been 'harangued' into playing GetClub - 14 times! Never again, though. Finally I managed to 'earn my way' into playing Master level. Because of the ridiculous length of time Get...
February 1st 10 04:16 AM
by RocketMan[_2_] Go to last post
8 1,092
Get Club sucks! by None
On Jan 31, 10:52*am, Sanny wrote: On Jan 31, 5:03*pm, (SAT W-7) wrote: Ivans move is E-2 x C-2 , rook x pawn GetClub Played : 31. Q-d8+ You have only onemove 31.... K-g7 Now, GetClub played 32. f4 attacking your Queen
January 31st 10 05:57 PM
by None Go to last post
0 564
Brian Lafferty asks for Amnesty on the USCF Issues Forum by samsloan
I absolutely agree that there should be an amnesty. We have an election campaign going on here, but the history of moderation of the USCF Issues Forum has been that the moderators will not allow postings favoring candidates they oppose or opposing candidates they favor. For example, right now oldtimer, who favors Sam Sloan, is suspended from posting. How can the voting membership properly...
January 29th 10 11:53 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 574
Fritz 12 Update 26-11-2009 by Sameone
http://depositfiles.com/files/7knrsm3gf
January 28th 10 10:10 PM
by Sameone Go to last post
0 497
New Free Sites for gamers of all levels! 75930 by Commander
I have created several game sites that contain all kinds of information about games, gamers and gaming. Please check them out and let me know what you think! http://gameneedle.com http://gamebrainy.com http://gamedisease.com http://gameperformers.com
January 28th 10 05:01 PM
by Commander Go to last post
0 592
Can Someone please help me with my Computer stuff? 37174 by Virgina Hernandez
I use the computer and the Net on a regular basis but I don't know a whole lot about it all, especially when it gets technical. I have an Acer Aspire AM5100-U5300A. I would like to speed this computer up, I would like a very good grasphics card without spending a fortune. Once I find out what I need I willo just go to ebay but I don't know what kind of meory, cards and such are compaitble with...
January 27th 10 09:05 PM
by Virgina Hernandez Go to last post
0 546
Post New Thread