Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
180494 Information portals for computer and Web technology 35 by Andrew W.
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a penny, just student scraping by. But Guess what? I don't want your money, your...
January 22nd 10 04:52 AM
by Andrew W. Go to last post
0 468
GetClub, plays as good as Fritz 5.32 now. by Chris F.A. Johnson
On 2010-01-19, sd wrote: On Jan 18, 2:57?am, Sanny wrote: Beginner: 2300+ As good as Taylor Kingston. So let me get this straight, the Beginner level is rated 2300+, but is as good as Taylor (rated 1800+).
January 20th 10 10:02 PM
by Chris F.A. Johnson Go to last post
0 404
Solving Chess!? by [email protected]
TOBYTAL CONTROVERSY My name is Tim Tobiason and I am the co-author and owner of TobyChess and the distributor of the TobyTal chess engine. In 2003, I hired a programmer to create Deep Tactics, an interface which does many wonderful things. Early on my programmer wrote a chess engine which found every checkmate at the end of every game in the chessbase database which we stored. It then analyzed...
January 20th 10 09:21 PM
by Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) Go to last post
7 699
Proposal: initial piece-swapping by M Winther
How to achieve fair computer engine matches, which do not revolve around the opening book. My proposal is to enhance orthochess by allowing the players optionally to relocate the pieces (by swapping the king/queen with another piece in the initial position), whilst keeping the option to play the standard position. Castling rules are simple and derive from Chess960. See the following link to an...
January 20th 10 05:38 PM
by M Winther Go to last post
0 449
Fritz 12 Update by Sameone
Where can i find the adress to donwload fritz 12 update
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 10 06:36 AM
by The DA Go to last post
13 1,071
Can "Help Bot" beat the stronger Baby level [2 sec/move] now? by Simon Krahnke
* Sanny (2010-01-03) schrieb: I have analyzed this game with Baby Level. But I want it analyzed by stronger engines as well Like: Fritz/ Rybka Then, why don't you do it? I will soon, I played a game between Easy Level and Fritz and Fritz won in 20 moves only. I have corrected the problem of posting wrong moves.
January 19th 10 08:27 AM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
2 493
Plz analyze game between ChessChallenger7 & Easy Level by Offramp
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. d4 exd4 5. Nd5 Be7 6. Bf4 d6 7. Nxd4 Nxd5 8. exd5 Nxd4 9. Qxd4 O-O 10. O-O-O {That seems to be the opening more or less out of the way. I don't know the opening so I can't really comment on it, except to say that it looks REALLY dull} Bf5 {? This is an error! White is probably going to advance his pawns on the queenside, so any black pieces in the way
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 10 11:06 AM
by Peter Osterlund Go to last post
29 2,772
GetClub plays Super-Duper by Patrick Volk
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:06:05 -0800 (PST), Sanny wrote: You seem to be confusing yourself here, in one instance you enquire as to the level, yet in the next you say the game is stored, and whenever I've received the moves after a game the level is listed there. Yes, I asked you the levels you played this game with. Baby Level:
January 6th 10 11:02 AM
by sd Go to last post
2 503
GetClub plays Super-Duper by [email protected]
Now even Baby level is not a cake. Not a cake, a carrot. Here is new Rating to all Levels after improvements. Baby Level: 2000+ Beginner Level: 2200+ Easy Level: 2400+ Normal Level: 2600+
January 6th 10 12:23 AM
by micky Go to last post
1 495
Hej, a sanny thread by Simon Krahnke
Hej, no living Sanny thread? I felt the need to do a game on his ugly site, anyway. Here it is, Rybka 2.2 32bit with 1 ply search depth against Getclub easy level:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 10 07:15 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
10 3,350
Susan Polgar, a Non-Member, is listed as Number One US Woman Player by samsloan
After years of being off the top-women rating lists due to inactivity, Susan Polgar is now listed as number one, even though she was expelled from the USCF in August. http://main.uschess.org/component/option,com_top_players/Itemid,371?op=list&month=0912&f=TopWomen&h=Top%20Women She got this number one ranking by playing a single exhibition game against Fred Gruenberg, a 1500 rated...
January 3rd 10 07:37 PM
by The Masked Bishop[_2_] Go to last post
4 544
How to Increase Newsstand Sales of Chess Life. by samsloan
I have already told everybody how to get more news stand sales of Chess Life. Put Alisa Melekhina on the cover!! Take a look at the current Chess Life, with Ron Hames, age 70, on the cover. Who plays better chess, Ron Hames, a 1500-player, or Alisa Melekhina, a 2300-player?
January 3rd 10 07:05 PM
by Forsythe Go to last post
4 453
Kings of Chess by William Winter by samsloan
Kings of Chess Chess Championships of the Twentieth Century by William Winter This is one of the great classics of chess literature. British Champion William Winter deeply annotates 50 games that were played in matches for the World Chess Championship, starting with the 1907 match between Lasker and Marshall and ending with the 1951 match between Botvinnk and Bronstein.
January 3rd 10 12:51 AM
by micky Go to last post
3 571
International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems (IJEIS)Call for Paper by ijeiseditor
The International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems (IJEIS) publish original papers on all subjects relevant to electronics, computer science, communication network, and information systems. The highest priority will be given to those contributions concerned with a discussion of the background of a practical problem, the establishment of an appropriate model, the determination of...
January 1st 10 10:10 AM
by ijeiseditor Go to last post
0 527
Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964) by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Dec 25, 12:27*am, samsloan wrote: Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964) Fred Reinfeld was one of the most prolific authors ever. In fact, Reinfeld may even be the most prolific author of any kind in the entire history of the world. Fred Reinfeld wrote so many books that it will probably never be known how many books he wrote, especially since he not only wrote under...
December 31st 09 08:05 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 612
Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964) by samsloan
On Dec 26, 9:09*pm, samsloan wrote: On Dec 26, 9:46*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzmanyahoocom wrote: samsloan wrote: On Dec 26, 8:42 pm, Doug Andrews wrote: Perhaps the greatest contribution to collecting ever made by Fred
December 31st 09 07:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 343
I am reprinting "The Tactical Grob" by Claude Bloodgood by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Dec 23, 12:32*pm, Chris Falter wrote: Sam, I am *still* interested in learning how it is that your opinion of the Claude Bloodgood matter changed so dramatically. *Twice I have asked this question: question from a few days ago that Sam has not yet answered *Sam, your most recent comment on Bloodgood is as follows:
December 30th 09 11:33 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 418
Most spectacular blown win (and problem like finish) I've everseen by RayLopez99
On Dec 28, 10:12*am, RayLopez99 wrote: *q4rk1/2nR1pp1/n6p/2p1PQ2/p1P2P1N/Pr2PN2/5K2/B7 w - - 0 1 wKf2,Qf5,Nf3,h4,Ba1,Rd7,Pa3,c4,e3,e5,f4/ bKg8,Qa8,Na6,c7,Rb3,f8,Pa4,c5,f7,g7,h6 Grinshpan-Kaminsky, Poznan, Poland, 1961 1-0 * (if anybody has the complete game please post here) Above is the most amazing finish (and blown win) I've seen in years. It's exercise...
December 28th 09 03:20 PM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
0 410
Scid Pocket v4 by Pascal
Hi, I released a new version of Scid for Pocket PC at http://scid.sourceforge.net/scidpocket.html Scid Pocket runs on Windows Mobile PDA and has a lot of features : - compatible with Scid for Windows, Linux and MacOs (http://scid.sourceforge.net/index.html) - play online (FICS) - play with an external board (Novag Citrine via bluetooth)
December 23rd 09 10:11 PM
by Pascal Go to last post
0 529
I am reprinting "The Tactical Grob" by Claude Bloodgood by ChessFire
On Dec 21, 6:45*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Dec 21, 6:21*pm, ChessFire wrote: On Dec 20, 8:14*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
December 23rd 09 12:56 AM
by madams[_2_] Go to last post
8 472
Post New Thread