Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Proposal: initial piece-swapping by M Winther
How to achieve fair computer engine matches, which do not revolve around the opening book. My proposal is to enhance orthochess by allowing the players optionally to relocate the pieces (by swapping the king/queen with another piece in the initial position), whilst keeping the option to play the standard position. Castling rules are simple and derive from Chess960. See the following link to an...
January 20th 10 06:38 PM
by M Winther Go to last post
0 392
Fritz 12 Update by Sameone
Where can i find the adress to donwload fritz 12 update
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 10 07:36 AM
by The DA Go to last post
13 985
Can "Help Bot" beat the stronger Baby level [2 sec/move] now? by Simon Krahnke
* Sanny (2010-01-03) schrieb: I have analyzed this game with Baby Level. But I want it analyzed by stronger engines as well Like: Fritz/ Rybka Then, why don't you do it? I will soon, I played a game between Easy Level and Fritz and Fritz won in 20 moves only. I have corrected the problem of posting wrong moves.
January 19th 10 09:27 AM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
2 446
Plz analyze game between ChessChallenger7 & Easy Level by Offramp
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. d4 exd4 5. Nd5 Be7 6. Bf4 d6 7. Nxd4 Nxd5 8. exd5 Nxd4 9. Qxd4 O-O 10. O-O-O {That seems to be the opening more or less out of the way. I don't know the opening so I can't really comment on it, except to say that it looks REALLY dull} Bf5 {? This is an error! White is probably going to advance his pawns on the queenside, so any black pieces in the way
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 10 12:06 PM
by Peter Osterlund Go to last post
29 2,666
GetClub plays Super-Duper by Patrick Volk
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 21:06:05 -0800 (PST), Sanny wrote: You seem to be confusing yourself here, in one instance you enquire as to the level, yet in the next you say the game is stored, and whenever I've received the moves after a game the level is listed there. Yes, I asked you the levels you played this game with. Baby Level:
January 6th 10 12:02 PM
by sd Go to last post
2 460
GetClub plays Super-Duper by [email protected]
Now even Baby level is not a cake. Not a cake, a carrot. Here is new Rating to all Levels after improvements. Baby Level: 2000+ Beginner Level: 2200+ Easy Level: 2400+ Normal Level: 2600+
January 6th 10 01:23 AM
by micky Go to last post
1 458
Hej, a sanny thread by Simon Krahnke
Hej, no living Sanny thread? I felt the need to do a game on his ugly site, anyway. Here it is, Rybka 2.2 32bit with 1 ply search depth against Getclub easy level:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 10 08:15 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
10 3,233
Susan Polgar, a Non-Member, is listed as Number One US Woman Player by samsloan
After years of being off the top-women rating lists due to inactivity, Susan Polgar is now listed as number one, even though she was expelled from the USCF in August. http://main.uschess.org/component/option,com_top_players/Itemid,371?op=list&month=0912&f=TopWomen&h=Top%20Women She got this number one ranking by playing a single exhibition game against Fred Gruenberg, a 1500 rated...
January 3rd 10 08:37 PM
by The Masked Bishop[_2_] Go to last post
4 491
How to Increase Newsstand Sales of Chess Life. by samsloan
I have already told everybody how to get more news stand sales of Chess Life. Put Alisa Melekhina on the cover!! Take a look at the current Chess Life, with Ron Hames, age 70, on the cover. Who plays better chess, Ron Hames, a 1500-player, or Alisa Melekhina, a 2300-player?
January 3rd 10 08:05 PM
by Forsythe Go to last post
4 418
Kings of Chess by William Winter by samsloan
Kings of Chess Chess Championships of the Twentieth Century by William Winter This is one of the great classics of chess literature. British Champion William Winter deeply annotates 50 games that were played in matches for the World Chess Championship, starting with the 1907 match between Lasker and Marshall and ending with the 1951 match between Botvinnk and Bronstein.
January 3rd 10 01:51 AM
by micky Go to last post
3 507
International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems (IJEIS)Call for Paper by ijeiseditor
The International Journal of Electronics, Information and Systems (IJEIS) publish original papers on all subjects relevant to electronics, computer science, communication network, and information systems. The highest priority will be given to those contributions concerned with a discussion of the background of a practical problem, the establishment of an appropriate model, the determination of...
January 1st 10 11:10 AM
by ijeiseditor Go to last post
0 479
Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964) by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Dec 25, 12:27*am, samsloan wrote: Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964) Fred Reinfeld was one of the most prolific authors ever. In fact, Reinfeld may even be the most prolific author of any kind in the entire history of the world. Fred Reinfeld wrote so many books that it will probably never be known how many books he wrote, especially since he not only wrote under...
December 31st 09 09:05 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 545
Fred Reinfeld (1910-1964) by samsloan
On Dec 26, 9:09*pm, samsloan wrote: On Dec 26, 9:46*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzmanyahoocom wrote: samsloan wrote: On Dec 26, 8:42 pm, Doug Andrews wrote: Perhaps the greatest contribution to collecting ever made by Fred
December 31st 09 08:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 316
I am reprinting "The Tactical Grob" by Claude Bloodgood by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Dec 23, 12:32*pm, Chris Falter wrote: Sam, I am *still* interested in learning how it is that your opinion of the Claude Bloodgood matter changed so dramatically. *Twice I have asked this question: question from a few days ago that Sam has not yet answered *Sam, your most recent comment on Bloodgood is as follows:
December 31st 09 12:33 AM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 370
Most spectacular blown win (and problem like finish) I've everseen by RayLopez99
On Dec 28, 10:12*am, RayLopez99 wrote: *q4rk1/2nR1pp1/n6p/2p1PQ2/p1P2P1N/Pr2PN2/5K2/B7 w - - 0 1 wKf2,Qf5,Nf3,h4,Ba1,Rd7,Pa3,c4,e3,e5,f4/ bKg8,Qa8,Na6,c7,Rb3,f8,Pa4,c5,f7,g7,h6 Grinshpan-Kaminsky, Poznan, Poland, 1961 1-0 * (if anybody has the complete game please post here) Above is the most amazing finish (and blown win) I've seen in years. It's exercise...
December 28th 09 04:20 PM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
0 381
Scid Pocket v4 by Pascal
Hi, I released a new version of Scid for Pocket PC at http://scid.sourceforge.net/scidpocket.html Scid Pocket runs on Windows Mobile PDA and has a lot of features : - compatible with Scid for Windows, Linux and MacOs (http://scid.sourceforge.net/index.html) - play online (FICS) - play with an external board (Novag Citrine via bluetooth)
December 23rd 09 11:11 PM
by Pascal Go to last post
0 467
I am reprinting "The Tactical Grob" by Claude Bloodgood by ChessFire
On Dec 21, 6:45*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Dec 21, 6:21*pm, ChessFire wrote: On Dec 20, 8:14*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
December 23rd 09 01:56 AM
by madams[_2_] Go to last post
8 413
The 1957 Virginia State Championship by raylopez99
On Dec 21, 6:08*pm, Bobcat wrote: Making love to a Grizzly bear is not highly recommended. That bear man in Alaska tried (as seen on TV). And he succeeded until some unknown young juvenile males mistook him for a meal. But polar bears--which the Romans and ancient chinese kept in captivity--are known, like zebras, to be completely untameable. They
December 22nd 09 10:24 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 279
William C. Haines (1939-2009) by samsloan
Bill Haines once wrote: "When I die, the one thing I DON'T want, is to have Sam Sloan write the news release!". http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.politics/msg/0de06f9187b6060d Naturally, this has made me reluctant to be the one to issue the news release. He died several weeks ago in Vallejo, California and nobody has done it, but it should be done, so I will have to be the one...
December 19th 09 12:18 AM
by jkh001 Go to last post
3 500
Sixth American Chess Congress, New York 1889 by RayLopez99
On Nov 27, 5:03*pm, " wrote: This book was rare even in the 19th century, since it was consciously designed to be of value for collectors. It was supposed to be for congress subscribers only, and the plates were destroyed after I belive 500 copies were sold. It is a very good book and hard to fined. Good point. And if...
December 16th 09 05:50 PM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
0 352
Post New Thread