Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
programs with graph of evaluation? by Paul
Are there any programs that graph their evaluation of the position over time, or over the number of nodes searched?
January 29th 04 04:39 AM
by Gregory Topov Go to last post
1 275
Opening Book Training with Shredder 8.0 by A Stuartgranti
Hello, I'm getting back into chess again and picked up Shredder 8.0. From way back when, I've got the Bangiev Chessbase King's Gambit training CD. There's gotta be some way to use the info on that disc to suppliment or strengthen Shredder's King's Gambit repritoire isn't there? Thanks in advance!
January 29th 04 04:11 AM
by Euc1id Go to last post
5 898
Can FIDE really rate players down to 1001 ?? by Sam Sloan
Can FIDE really rate players down to 1001 ?? FIDE has had a plan since Istanbul 2000 to rate all players down to 1001. The traditional floor for FIDE rated players was 2205 for men and 1905 for women, but that floor has since been dropped several times. I feel that it would be a wonderful thing for FIDE to rate players down to 1001. For example, Europe and Asia have no class prizes for chess...
January 28th 04 09:02 PM
by Miroslav Rakovic Go to last post
9 590
bots welcome by franquis
January 28th 04 08:01 PM
by Michael Varney Go to last post
7 262
Deep Fritz 8 by Amitesh Sinha
Does anybody know about this bug of deep fritz 8 where it aborts while playing online chess on playchess . Is there fix around? Amitesh
January 28th 04 07:05 AM
by Amitesh Sinha Go to last post
0 230
xboard vs eboard by John Swartz
I'm looking to compile Crafty on OS X and wondering if I should use xboard or eboard for a GUI. If anyone has tried them both (either under OS X or other Unix variants), I appreciate their comments as to preferences/bugs/features/etc. John
January 28th 04 03:54 AM
by Joel Mayes Go to last post
1 749
Shootout from a prearrange position by drummerman
How can you set up Fritz 8 to play two engines against each other from a prearranged position? I can play two engines against each other using engine vs engine. This, however, is from the start of a game. Shootout seem to use just one engine when playing a prearranged position. I must be overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated.
January 27th 04 08:58 PM
by HD Go to last post
1 313
Pairing in a Swiss-System tournament? by No Spam Please
How do you pair players in this system of tournament? Say there are 8 players 1,2,3,....,8. How do you generate a pair? What is the algorithm? -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
January 27th 04 05:54 PM
by Yves Surmont Go to last post
1 421
remis.ctg by Leonardo Ljubicic
Remis.ctg does not allow editing of probability of a move be played? This way many popular openings are never played. Can anyone shed some light? Is there a way to make probability of move to be played equal to the percentage of the times it has been played? Thanks.
January 27th 04 05:30 PM
by HD Go to last post
1 364
Where are annotated, instructional PGN games? by Gandalfling
--- Where are *annotated* PGN games for young players? --- Help! I'm aware of Pitt archives, I've searched Chessopolis, Chessville, and The Week In Chess, but I cannot find annotated PGN games, well, to be more precise, annotated in simple fashion for young improving players like Irving Chernev's "Most Instructive Games of Chess Ever Played", or Weeramantry's "Best Lessons of a Chess Coach" or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 04 05:16 PM
by Mike Leahy Go to last post
10 1,657
Shredder 8 is much faster by Euc1id
Shredder 8 is much faster compared to Shredder 7.04. About 6x faster in my tests. I'm not talking about kN/s. They're very similar in that regard. But the Shredder 8 engine gets to the same search depth about 6x faster than the Shredder 704 engine. For example with a particular position it took Shredder 704 about 6 hours to arrive at the 21/50 search depth, but only about 1 hour for Shredder...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 04 04:27 PM
by Derek Wildstar Go to last post
23 829
Chessmaster 9000 - The King a CPU hog? by Gregory Topov
I find that whenever I am in the "Game Room" part of Chessmaster 9000, "The King" engine hogs all my CPU. (in WinXP I can monitor this using the "Processes" tab of Windows Task Manager). If I'm in any other part of Chessmaster (unless playing a game of course), this doesn't happen. It's understandable that it would do this if it's analyzing a game, but why should the engine hog the CPU if I'm...
January 27th 04 02:05 PM
by Scott Roper Go to last post
3 378
New ChessBase? by Marcel Alsemgeest
Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying ChessBase 8.0, but since it is some years old already, I'm wondering if a new version might be released soon. I've heard some vague rumours about a ChessBase 9.0, but I can't find anything about that on the internet. Does anyone in this newsgroup know if a ChessBase 9.0 will appear soon, or not? Regards,
January 27th 04 12:36 PM
by Christoph P_f_rommer Go to last post
7 345
Shredder 8 and Deep Fritz 8 by Fis2
In order to install both programs on a single machine. Wich program must I install first? or it's the same? Any differences in 3D possibilities? Are they the same program with different engine? Can I install just one of them and then the other engine? Thanks
January 27th 04 10:22 AM
by HD Go to last post
6 275
CM9K - Big Diff between Win Me and XP by Mark
A while back I was curious to see what CM9K rating my Chess Tiger Palm device was playing at using various levels for CTiger. Example: after a number of games, CTiger (set to move instantly) rated about 1450 vs CM. (CM9K running on 850 mhz pentium III). I recently upgraded my desktop from Windows Me to XP Home and CM9K. This made my desktop perform more smoothly, so I thought I would check...
January 27th 04 02:12 AM
by John Merlino Go to last post
1 169
Running Free Rebel DOS 12 in winboard by n o s p a m p l e a s e
Is it possible? If so, how? Thanx/nsp
January 26th 04 03:57 PM
by NoKetch Go to last post
2 245
Crafty Problem with specifying tablebases path by n o s p a m p l e a s e
I installed crafty on win98 and specified path to table as follows: "D:\Program Files\TB" What it takes is "D:\Program as seen from log files. I also tried D:\Program Files\TB but it takes as D:\Program How do I specify it so that it takes blank into account?
January 26th 04 12:28 PM
by No Spam Please Go to last post
2 214
Playing Chess Engines Against One Another by Grahame Booth
I am totally new to the concept of playing different programs against one another, so am looking for some tips. I own Chessmaster9000 which has the capability of importing other chess engines as a profile and then play Chessmaster against the other engines. Last night I setup a game between Chessmaster and Crafty19.08. Since this has caught my interest, is there some guidelines on how this...
January 25th 04 10:34 PM
by Josť de Paula Go to last post
6 305
Engine for Commercial Use by C Mayer
I am looking for a chess engine to be used in a commercial product, and would be grateful for any suggestions on locating one, whether it be freeware, royalty based, or any other method of acquiring rights to use it in a commercial product. Thank you, C. Mayer
January 25th 04 07:54 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
9 286
converting chess-assistent by Lars Balzer
Dear chessfriends, does anyone know a tool to convert Chess-Assistent gamefiles into e.g. pgn? Thanks for any hints. ciao Lars --
January 25th 04 07:33 PM
by Robert Pawlak Go to last post
2 183
Post New Thread