Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Trading Chess Pieces by Dark Master
Interested in trading Fritz's (Marble) set for Shredder's (Glass) Set. They are located in the default Directory: C:\Program Files\ChessBase\3D\Material If they are compressed using Winrar they should be about 3.5 Megs in size. I have a 5 meg mailbox limit so should be able to recieve the file. Thanks
July 10th 03 12:24 PM
by Dark Master Go to last post
0 850
Excalibur King Arthur question about + Check. by Chris Kantack
In article , says... I recently just started playing chess. My question deals with the Excalibur King Arthur chess system. Upon playing this game- I was checked. I had 2 remaining pieces with no moves availble. I was left with a King and Pawn. Each time I went to move the King I was checked.This was also indicated by a...
July 10th 03 04:23 AM
by Chris Kantack Go to last post
0 1,017
Pdf and Word by tomic
"Dr Stupid" wrote in message ... On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 11:10:16 +0200, "tomic" wrote: I downloaded it. But how does it work? How could it create pdf file? Goran Tomic Having installed it, you get an extra printer in Windows.
July 9th 03 10:06 PM
by tomic Go to last post
0 883
Crafty Learning by Robert Hyatt
Christopher wrote: Robert Hyatt wrote in message ... Christopher wrote: Hi! Does anyone know how I can test Crafty learning? I mean. What chess problem can I enter .. wait.. and know that Crafty learned something when it say's "learning" when I hit...
July 9th 03 08:44 PM
by Robert Hyatt Go to last post
0 1,035
Mig Migged by StanB
"Gunny Bunny" wrote in message ... Mig was on ICC with a GM rating. It was proven that he was using a Computer Software program to boost his rating. In other words, (C)heating !! All reporters intentionally distort the truth. Why should they approach a chess rating any differently?
July 9th 03 12:47 PM
by StanB Go to last post
5 1,038
Mig Migged by Mig
Eh? When was this?! My current ICC rating is 2558 and has probably never been much higher than that. My Playchess.com rating is probably over 2400. I'm never sure if the people here believe all the anonymous lies or just figure it's the same person posting and agreeing with himself. On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:37:13 GMT, "Gunny Bunny" wrote:
July 9th 03 12:35 PM
by Mark Houlsby Go to last post
1 978
Wacky Pawn Game for Sam Sloan by Scott
Sam - feel free to use this at future tournaments! White: Scott Black: Anonymous 1.e4 e6 2.Nf3 b6 3.d4 Bb7 4.Nc3 d6 5.Be2 Nd7 6.O-O Be7 7.Be3 a6 8.b4 Nf8 9.a4 h5 10.Na2 g5 11.c4 g4 12.Nd2 Ng6 13.f4 f5 14.Qc2 fxe4 15.Nxe4 Nf6 16.Nxf6+ Bxf6 17.Qxg6+ Kd7 18.Qf7+ Be7 19.f5 Kc8 20.f6 Bf8 21.Qxe6+ Kb8 22.a5 Ka7 23.axb6+ cxb6 24.c5 dxc5 25.bxc5 b5 26.Nb4 Kb8
July 8th 03 10:32 PM
by Scott Go to last post
0 801
Mig Migged by John Macnab
Gunny Bunny wrote: Mig was on ICC with a GM rating. It was proven that he was using a Computer Software program to boost his rating. In other words, (C)heating !! This proves nothing of the kind. I think it was rather brave of Mig to play under these circumstances; he takes more than his share of public scorn over his putative chess-playing skill. I suspect that he expected to play 2300...
July 8th 03 09:59 PM
by Henri H. Arsenault Go to last post
1 958
Fischerandom and 960- positions by Yanks Gerber
Where can i download a pgn or chessbase file or even something else containing all 960 starting postions of fischerandom? i found a website containing all of those positions, but in no downloadable format...? anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance yanks
July 8th 03 08:10 PM
by Reinhard Scharnagl Go to last post
2 1,052
Ponomariov - Losing Match Mentally !! by Gunny Bunny
http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=1031 Ponomariov: 'I can beat Kasparov' FIDE world champion Ruslan Ponomariov has given another interview, this time to the Russian sports magazine Sport Express. In it he repeats his dissatisfaction with the way FIDE has handled the organisation of his September match against Garry Kasparov and sets his demands for reimbursement for financial...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 03 04:15 PM
by John Swartz Go to last post
19 1,577
Opening collection file format?? by [email protected]
I recently started compiling a text file showing the variations I have used in games (both OTB and against my computer). I have standard game records, but I want a tree showing what I tried in various situations and what was tried against me. I have found that a tree isn't really the exact format I want, because I often reach the same position through a different set of opening moves, so the...
July 6th 03 07:51 AM
by Jo Steinschuld Go to last post
1 930
Chessmaster 2000 for DOS - Playing Strength? by Proboscis
Hi EZoto, Be assured, there is nothing 'wrong' with CM 3000! De initial versions of CM were definititely fun to play with and would still be suitable for the occasional player. It's just that with CM 4000 there was a sentational improvement in playing strength. Bedore that, CM had never really been taken seriously as compared to the Big Guys like Rebel, Chess Genius and Fritz.
July 3rd 03 06:17 AM
by Proboscis Go to last post
0 969
Bill Gates for USCF President! by Kevin D. Nyberg
Why not Baghdad Bob? Baghdad Bob would get my vote. kdn
July 1st 03 11:53 PM
by Briarroot Go to last post
1 1,028
Chess master, 7, quits school by Aaron Kuperman
Seems rational. Even if he lived in New York or London, he'll want to start playing out of town tournaments fairly soon. Even if the school allows it, he'll miss too much school. He is much better off being home schooled. That's might be true of many kids, and is definitely true of any child who "stands out" (for good or bad), or has a career that isn't compatible with a school schedule. Home...
July 1st 03 07:56 PM
by Harold Buck Go to last post
1 921
Post New Thread