Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
All Time Stupidest Remark on RGCM by samsloan
The Soviet School of Chess is a book that probably every grandmaster in the world has studied. Sam Sloan http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871878198 On Oct 16, 10:08 pm, raylopez99 wrote:
October 17th 11 10:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 438
Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 8:47*pm, The Masked Bishop wrote: As for the WC, unless you are a) hot or b) really good at promoting yourself and getting endorsements or c) American, no-one in the States has heard of you either. Walk into any bar and ask for a show of hands for those who know who Viswanathan Anand is. Or Vladimir Kramnik. *Or Jose Capablanca.
October 17th 11 05:30 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 438
Soviet School of Chess, looking for the complete games by samsloan
On Oct 3, 1:33*am, "Andrew B." wrote: On Sep 28, 11:16*pm, ChessFire wrote: They do say: "It is stated, for example, *that the growth of the Soviet School took place immediately after the October revolution in 1917; in actual fact it was not until 1934, when the leading Soviet players began venturing to tournaments in other countries,...
October 3rd 11 05:50 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 434
new XBoard release 4.5.3 by Arun
Hello, New release of XBoard 4.5.3. Here are some details: Short description: XBoard is a graphical user interface for chess in all its major forms, including international chess, xiangqi (Chinese chess), shogi Japanese chess) and Makruk. Many variations of chess are also supported.
October 2nd 11 12:44 AM
by Arun Go to last post
0 584
Chess analysis: Fritz, Shredder, Rybka by Dave WB3DWE
On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:09:15 -0400, Chris wrote: I've just started ramping up on various chess programs, and I'd like to find a program that can do very competent analysis of prospective moves, given a certain board setup. From what I've heard, that is a strong suit of Fritz, but not so much for Rybka or Shredder. Given that possibly rash assumption (corrections...
September 28th 11 12:48 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
1 606
NFU allows a Universal Set of all sets! by Graham Cooper
On Sep 24, 5:43*am, David Bernier wrote: Graham Cooper wrote: On Sep 24, 1:09 am, David *wrote: Graham Cooper wrote: what's needed is a Heuristic Errortracing Restricted Comprehension theory! H.E.R.C. --
September 23rd 11 09:55 PM
by Graham Cooper Go to last post
0 473
Is Cuckoo Chess the best Flash chess engine on the Net? by RocketMan[_2_]
Well it is a damn sight better than the monstrosity that a troll on this site attempts to push on everyone. What a shame (for everyone) that he won't take a good look at the Cuckoo Chess site AND fix his website. What a pleasant surprise it was to play chess on a Flash site that didn't crash, and played decent chess in a decent time frame. I have played six games against CC - 3 games as white,...
August 18th 11 06:41 PM
by murukan Go to last post
1 1,465
All Solutions Manuals & Test Banks Are HERE !!! by stu.p24
Hello, We would like to inform you that we have updated our list with the following new titles. You can contact us directly at Student.p24(at)Hotmail(dot)com . If the title you are looking for is not listed, do not hesitate to contact us, we will try to help.
August 1st 11 09:09 AM
by stu.p24 Go to last post
0 3,728
Rybka disqualified and banned from ICGA's World Computer Chess Championships by Tony M
http://www.chessvibes.com/reports/rybka-disqualified-and-banned-from-world-computer-chess-championships/ or http://tinyurl.com/3wvmd5n (if wrapping presents problems with the other link)
July 18th 11 01:31 AM
by stan Go to last post
5 905
How to beat the best chess player on Earth by Dave[_5_]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb6hqRBuwf8
July 9th 11 09:52 PM
by Rob Greason Go to last post
4 932
Sloan vs. Goichberg by BL[_3_]
On 6/27/2011 12:49 AM, Joe Lux wrote: Sam: I warned you not to bring my name into your asinine scandalous lawsuits. I had never done you harm and I even used to try and defend your name. But you a perjurer persist in doing this, you are mentally very ill. Now you have frivilously mentioned me in your filings against Bill. Why? Do not call me ever again for if you do I will put down...
June 30th 11 02:32 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
2 690
Congratulations to Peter Österlund by Peter Österlund
On Jun 20, 2:21*pm, Sanny wrote: On Jun 18, 9:00*am, Tony M wrote: It looks like your program CuckooChess is now the strongest Java based chess program available. Thanks Tony! Has it defeated the GetClub recently?
June 24th 11 09:16 PM
by Peter Österlund Go to last post
0 650
Sloan v Goichberg Motion for a TRO is being renewed by samsloan
I am in the process of refiling my motion for a temporary restraining order in Sloan v. Goichberg. I have emailed the original motion I filed for a temporary restraining and a preliminary injunction regarding the fact that I have been kicked off the ballot in the coming USCF election. I filed this motion in Sangamon County Court in Springfield Illinois on April 12, 2011. No response has ever...
June 9th 11 08:40 PM
by BL[_3_] Go to last post
8 889
Sloan vs. Goichberg, Motion for a TRO by raylopez99
On Apr 12, 10:22*am, samsloan wrote: 6. One must understand that Goichberg runs prize-money tournaments all across the United States. For example, he runs the World Open over July 4th Weekend. This year, the World Open charges a minimum entry fee of $303 and offers projected prizes of $300,000 (three hundred thousand dollars) with $225,000 guaranteed. This is...
June 2nd 11 01:21 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 712
Sjeng Cheating? by Christopher Heckman
There seems to be a bug in Sjeng (11.2), specifically the SjengBoard website ( http://chessforeva.appspot.com/SjengBoard.htm ); I was wondering whether anyone else had heard of it. Sometimes I'm not allowed to drop a piece onto the board, even when it doesn't checkmate Sjeng. All it says is "Illegal move". --- Christopher Heckman
May 19th 11 09:00 AM
by Christopher Heckman Go to last post
6 1,194
Recommendations for software : Hiarcs vs Rybka ? by Dave WB3DWE
I've always wanted Hiarcs. Surprisingly several distributors ( Amazon, Chesscentral ) sell Hiarcs 12 ($60) for more than Hiarcs 13 ($53) ! Am I missing something here ? Hiracs 13 is said to have the new Fritz 12 UCI ; is the old better ? ? Or should I forget Hiarcs and get Rybka Aquarium or Rybka 4 ( Fritz interface ) ? I'm most interested in analysis of my over-the-board games (currently...
May 4th 11 03:51 AM
by Dave WB3DWE Go to last post
3 1,418
Beat by a Computer on eBay by samsloan
Beat by a Computer on eBay Boy am I really ****ed off. I have been trying to buy a particular edition of a book for a year. Finally I saw one listed on eBay. So, on July 8, 2008 I placed a most generous bid of $150.03 for the book. The book is Bobby Fischer's Games of Chess, published by Simon & Schuster. The auction was expiring just now, at Jul-15-08 15:57:30 PDT.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 1st 11 04:51 AM
by Deschapelles Go to last post
35 2,685
Need help on mobile phone chess playing software and hardwacomparing apples to oranges--how strong is this software in Elo? by RayLopez99
rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,comp.arch.embedded,alt.comp.hardware.pc- homebuilt Can anybody help me figure out how fast (what Elo rating) modern cell phone and mobile phone hardware play chess? Go to the SSDF rating list http://ssdf.bosjo.net/list.htm and note that 38 Pocket Shredder Ipaq 114 624 MHz 2682 65 -59 138 67% 2557 39 Deep Sjeng 1.5a 256MB Athlon 1200 MHz...
April 24th 11 01:30 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
2 696
Chesmaster 3000 needs memory by don
I am trying to get Chessmaster 3000 running on an old 486.... it starts up to the logo but then quits.... it needs more memory I think..... how do I write the DOS emm386.exe line in the config.sys start-up file to give this game enough memory?
April 21st 11 10:45 AM
by don Go to last post
2 635
"Advanced Chess" Peer-review Process by Gary[_2_]
The Open Encyclopedia of Chess Openings (OECO) is a free, online encyclopedia of chess openings written by chess players for chess players. Advanced chess teams (human + computer) analyze chess positions and add the resulting analysis to the OECO wiki. This analysis is public and subject to review by other teams of humans plus computers. In this way, the OECO brings together a community of...
April 17th 11 02:22 AM
by Gary[_2_] Go to last post
0 648
Post New Thread