Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Fritz 11 engine to Chessbase 9 by Locksley Young
How can I add the Fritz engine from Fritz 11 to Chessbase 9? Thanks much for your help. Locksley
July 18th 08 12:09 AM
by Sameon Go to last post
1 509
ChessBase and FRC960 by Michael Diosi
Hello Chesslovers, Now ChessBase supports FRC960. This "new" feature is already supported by Arena (also before Fritz 11). This is not the first time ChessBase picks a feature firstly supported by Arena and promots like their own achievement, an other one beeing for instance the UCI support. Reading this: "To be fair, Fischer wasn't the first to voice the concern that memorization was...
July 17th 08 05:22 PM
by Michael Diosi Go to last post
0 404
Sanny you there ? by SAT W-7
Your move for the last two days
July 17th 08 03:13 PM
by Kenneth Sloan Go to last post
1 452
Ivan as White vs GC by SAT W-7
Ok , i will try and play Ivan as white and see what happens ..We will know in the first few moves if we can do it.. Pawn E-7 to E-5 .... That would be E-2 to E-4 for you BUT i do not think it will work because the queens are on the opposite side ...... I have played like this before vs Fritz but the guy playing Fritz knew how to do it and i did not have to do anything but tell him my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 09:03 AM
by SAT W-7 Go to last post
12 992
Mate in 10 by Beginner Level (one more) by Sanny
Mate in 10 by Beginner Level. In this game a new player named "Tango" played a game with Beginner Level. Beginner won the game in just 10 moves. I think he should have played with Queen odds. Game Played between Tango and beginner at GetClub.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tango: (Black)
July 17th 08 06:34 AM
by Sanny Go to last post
0 392
Tool to capture UCI chess engine exchanges? by [email protected]
I want to write a UCI chess engine that plays badly enough for me to beat it, and then improve it as my game improves (this is mostly for fun, I know that many already exist). The UCI documentation I've found on the net is pretty terse, and it would help a lot if I could read a log of the actual communication between Fritz and a UCI engine I've already installed. I know they communicate by...
July 17th 08 05:59 AM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
3 493
Does the USCF have a $144,000 loss ?? by samsloan
Copied from http://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1331 Paul and I have repeatedly asked to see the financial report and we were told that it will come soon... This was a while back. We still do not have it. Today, we received the report from Ms. Alarie and the following note: Since they were leaked to me and not sent to me by USCF's Finance Chair or the USCF office, I see no...
July 16th 08 10:07 PM
by Old Haasie Go to last post
5 499
PGN recorder for iPhone? by billbrock
I sync to my (locked) iPhone on an XP machine. Is there a PGN recorder/player available? (Not for tournament play, for obvious reasons, but for showing games to friends & such.) Shredder for iPhone is not much of a playing partner, but the interface is very nice.
July 16th 08 07:26 PM
by billbrock Go to last post
1 563
Moderator Control of the Debate on the USCF Issues Forum by samsloan
Thank you. I much prefer for the moderators to do it this way, pointing out an unsupported claim made by Steve Owens and asking him to provide proof of it, rather than what the moderators usually do, which is not allow it to appear at all. I am quite curious and have no idea what Steve Owens means when he writes, "You were the only person in the USCF to have attempted to unethically influence my...
July 16th 08 04:41 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
4 540
Goichberg Refuses to Release Financials to the Other Board Members by samsloan
Bill Goichberg is being evasive as usual. The annual audited financial report is usually not available until at the earliest the day before the delegates meeting, which this year will be August 8, 2008. Everybody knows this. In 2007 the official financial statements were not even ready until a few weeks after the delegate's meetings. What they and the other board members want now are the...
July 16th 08 03:36 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 536
Should the Perks Suggestion be Implemented? by samsloan
Should the Perks Suggestion be Implemented? Immediately after losing the election to Sam Sloan for the USCF Executive Board in July 2006, Grant Perks proposed that the delegates abolish the entire USCF Executive Board as a way to prevent Sam Sloan from taking office. As Perks pointed out, the delegates do not have the authority to remove an individual board member, but they do have the...
July 16th 08 02:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 410
additional engines in Fritz by fvghjk
How do I import additional engines to use in Fritz 9? Thanks
July 16th 08 07:18 AM
by fvghjk Go to last post
0 493
Failure to Disclose Expenses of Board Members by samsloan
Failure to Disclose Expenses of Board Members The USCF By-Laws clearly state that all payments to board members must be disclosed in the delegates call and on the website. This provision is found in section 42 page 39 of the current Delegates Call. It is not on the website, or at least I cannot find it, but page 7 of the Delegates Call shows the following VOLUNTEER EXPENSE REPORT paid during...
July 16th 08 01:29 AM
by Randy Bauer Go to last post
6 528
Goichberg is being hoist by his own petard by samsloan
Goichberg is being hoist by his own petard "Hoist by His Own Petard" is a term perhaps derived from Shakespeare which means to be caught in one's own trap. http://www.bartleby.com/59/4/hoistbyoneso.html http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/hoist%20by%20your%20own%20petard.html What is happening to Bill Goichberg, current USCF President, is a
July 15th 08 10:55 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 538
Rebel 12 for DOS has rating of 3621 elo by Guest[_3_]
Wow, acording to this thread http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22342 the antique Rebel 12 has an elo rating of 3621 on a modern Core2 quad core. Wow....! Why do people bother messing with Rybka then??! (laugh)
July 15th 08 06:57 PM
by Guest[_3_] Go to last post
0 602
Sanny want to play Ivan vs GC ? by SAT W-7
Leave your move..
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 14th 08 05:41 PM
by Sanny Go to last post
31 1,344
Freedom of Speech on the USCF Issues Forum by samsloan
This is of course the issue here. The USCF Issues Forum has been set up to allow the members of this organization to discuss its governance. Yet, the management has imposed extremely biased moderators who strictly limit what the members are allowed to say. If the members were allowed to say what they really think, then the tone of this entire discussion would be completely different. Sam Sloan
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 08 04:59 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
13 823
HTML Chess Board? by [email protected]
I am looking for a simple way to display 2D chess positions on a website. Plain HTML preferred, but I will use JavaScript or Java if there is no other choice. Perhaps I can serve up a .gif, .jpg or .png that consists of 64 smaller graphics?
July 14th 08 04:26 PM
by trojanfoe Go to last post
2 618
Play New versions games by Gani
click and Play Direct on window. http://directclickplaygames.blogspot.com http://ganesh-freedotnetbooks1.blogspot.com http://freefreedownloadsoftwares.blogspot.com
July 14th 08 06:00 AM
by Gani Go to last post
0 598
Chess Computer, Hand Held--seeking recommendations by David Todtman
I'd like to buy a small hand held chess computer. Would folks here care to offer comments and recommendations? Best, David
July 14th 08 03:20 AM
by Senica Go to last post
5 609
Post New Thread