Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Internet Chess Killer by Sameone
Program to cheat in chess servers http://hotfile.com/dl/114148989/668fb40/internetchesskiller.rar.html
April 14th 11 05:23 PM
by Sameone Go to last post
2 2,926
Hiarcs6 16 bit engine by EZoto
I know this is an old question but I have Fritz 5.16 and chessbase 6.0 for 16 bit. I recently got the older Hiarcs 7.32 and wanted to transfer the hiarcs6 16 bit to the Fritz chessbase 16 bit but for some reason it doesn't work. Am I missing a file? I put it in the fritz engine folder but it doesn't work. Hope someone can help in this old version. EZoto
April 2nd 11 05:23 PM
by EZoto Go to last post
6 951
What software will print board diagrams ? by Dave WB3DWE
An old version of Chessbase light would do so. I now have the 2009 ver. It has a print menu and says it's printing, but nothing happens ( ? ). It does not say printing is disabled. Unsuccessfully have tried winboard, ChessDB, a demo version of Rybka 3 and my old copy of Fritz 8. Alas none will print a board diagram. Is there any software, free or commercial, that does ? Dave , Texas
March 30th 11 02:45 AM
by Dave WB3DWE Go to last post
8 1,226
Does anyone watch youtube? by beccagoogles
Omg there is this funny thing on youtube that you guys should really watch its two cats playing pattycake. lol.
March 29th 11 08:53 AM
by beccagoogles Go to last post
0 502
can you believe it by beccagoogles
I cant believe how much fun the new donkey kong video game is for the wii ...so much fun me and my baby brother play it all the time
March 29th 11 08:46 AM
by beccagoogles Go to last post
0 348
Did you know by beccagoogles
Did you know that most people that are adhd love video games?
March 29th 11 08:44 AM
by beccagoogles Go to last post
0 354
Anybody else want to join me as a co-plaintiff? by samsloan
Anybody else want to join me as a co-plaintiff? I have informed the board that I am preparing a lawsuit against Goichberg and the USCF. This suit will be filed in the Sangamon County Circuit Court in Springfield, Illinois, the same court in which the USCF filed its case of USCF vs. Polgar and Truong. Two USCF members have asked to join with me as co-plaintiffs. I am considering their requests...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 20th 11 05:34 PM
by Teddybear[_3_] Go to last post
24 1,411
Endgame databases by Tony M
On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 19:22:10 +0100, Giuliano Bertoletti wrote: Hello, I was wondering if chess programs that actually support endgame databases do also show the distance-to-mate or distance-to-conversion number of moves (if so, can you name a few?)
March 17th 11 07:24 AM
by Tony M Go to last post
0 519
New release 4.5.1 of XBoard /Winboard by Arun
Hello, This is a bugfix release for 4.5.0. Here are some details: Short description: XBoard is a graphical user interface for chess in all its major forms, including international chess, xiangqi (Chinese chess), shogi Japanese chess) and Makruk. Many variations of chess are also supported.
February 21st 11 01:07 AM
by Arun Go to last post
0 700
CM Grand Master Edition - reinstall problems by Jane_Galt[_2_]
I use Windows 7 and recently upgraded my video card, so I reinstalled Chessmaster Grand Master Edition, just to see if it would help stop the crashes. ( I've heard that video cards can make a difference. ) So I uninstalled it completely, deleted all Ubi directories, used CCleaner to clean the registry and then reinstalled it. Went to the .ini file and set the opening movie to 0. But now,...
February 14th 11 08:40 PM
by maxjasper Go to last post
3 617
Chessica for Windows 3.1 by EZoto
Is there anywhere I can get this? I have the demo but the full version I can't find anywhere. The archive Tascbase site doesn't help. I want Chess tutor and chessica but can't find them. I have the full version of Tascbase but would like to get the complete set. Hope someone can help. I know it is dos but I still like these programs. EZoto
February 7th 11 10:28 PM
by EZoto Go to last post
4 1,235
Chess variant programs, including S-chess by M Winther
The chess variant programs created by me (a sizeable number), on the below link, are fairly strong as I have programmed them to handle openings sufficiently well. It depends on variant, but I suppose they have at least Elo 2050 on a strong computer (in big board variants it is weaker, of course, due to greater search tree). So they are good enough for the usual amateur. One must also keep in...
February 6th 11 05:42 PM
by M Winther Go to last post
0 381
new release 4.5.0 of XBoard /Winboard by Arun
Hello, here are some details: Short description: XBoard is a graphical user interface for chess in all its major forms, including international chess, xiangqi (Chinese chess), shogi Japanese chess) and Makruk. Many variations of chess are also supported.
February 2nd 11 05:10 AM
by Arun Go to last post
0 602
New longest mate found by Mike
Has there been a new longest forced mate found with the new 6 piece Nalimov tablebases? The longest mate with the 5 piece was 127, if I remember correctly. Has this increased and if so for which piece combination(s)? Thanks, Mike
January 20th 11 02:41 AM
by Tom Barrister Go to last post
6 1,217
Look how the King got trapped very funny. by Sanny[_3_]
What was the blunder rate 2 months back? May be 20% What was the blunder rate 6 months back? May be 30% There was a time when it was around 5%. This is baby level, So if 10% blunder rate for Baby Level I expect
3 635
Another Lopez Howler (was: Kavalek analysis howler ofAnand-Carlsen London game) by Taylor Kingston[_2_]
On Dec 27 2010, 9:23*am, raylopez99 wrote: On Dec 27, 1:20*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Dec 26, 6:12*pm, raylopez99 wrote: On Dec 27, 1:08*am, raylopez99 wrote: 7k/6pn/p4p2/1q6/5R2/6QP/6PK/8 w - - 0 4
January 17th 11 09:18 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_2_] Go to last post
0 572
Endgame Tablebases by GK
Hi all, I know this is a subject that has been discussed here many times over the years, forgive me if i go over old ground. I have had the Nalimov Tablebases (the old 4xCD set) in my collection for many years now, and i see the latest version of Fritz Turbo, as it's now called, is a 9xDVD set, covering all 5 piece and some 6 piece endgames. A few years ago, i asked about generating more...
January 5th 11 08:25 AM
by Tony M Go to last post
1 1,147
Play e4, Play Chess Online for Ca$h by Latvia64
Play e4, Play Chess Online for Ca$h. Use my sign up link here http://www.playE4.com/index.html?did=129490 and get a %50 first time deposit bonus. You heard it from Peter Aravena first. Peter Sloan Aravena NM LM F.I.D.E. 2230 Department of Education Chess & Dell 2003 - 2008
January 4th 11 08:36 AM
by Latvia64 Go to last post
0 748
Please analyze the game with GetClub. by The Master
On Dec 28, 6:30*am, Sanny wrote: * All else being equal, you should not allow a wayward knight to get trapped such that its only retreat allows the fatal breakup of the pawn cover in front of the king, as needlessly happened here. The Knight was trapped after 15 moves or 30 ply. So its quite hard to see that.
January 2nd 11 06:45 PM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
7 777
How can I get Winboard to let me play the black pieces in training mode? by nightlife18
Does anybody know how I can get Winboard to let me play the black side in training mode? Thanks, Jim.
January 2nd 11 12:24 PM
by Wibble Go to last post
3 687
Post New Thread