Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Rybka vs. Ivan (at Knight Odds) by Simon Krahnke
* Sanny (07:58) schrieb: Thats what Normal Level vs Rybka - will do. Instead of fast processor I am giving 40 times more time to GetClub, to give a decent challenge to Rybka. Would you please explain why you do the opposite when you let play against Jester?
October 30th 10 01:36 PM
by Mark Houlsby[_5_] Go to last post
6 651
Rybka vs. Ivan (at Knight Odds) by Simon Krahnke
* SAT W-7 (06:17) schrieb: Ivans move is G-4 to D-7 Bishop move Let me check that again , Yes G-4 to D-7 .. So 13. ... Bd7 I expect Rybka to do finally d Nf7, attacking your rook, protecting the pawn and attacking d8, the last square your king could move to. Your other rook and your queen are nicely locked in. That Qb8 move is still a
October 29th 10 05:57 AM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
0 406
Rybka vs. Ivan (at Knight Odds) by Simon Krahnke
* SAT W-7 (20:17) schrieb: Ivans move is King D-7 to D-8 ... Sure? That's not a legal move. The king is still in check on d8. Stockfish want's Ke8. Kc8 is legal, too. According to my following of the game the position is rq3b1r/pppkp1pp/2n5/3Qp1N1/3p1Pb1/8/PPPP2PP/R1B2RK1 b - - 2 12
October 28th 10 07:41 PM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
0 407
Any talk about chess computers happening here??? by mikeypit
My Fritz 5 from 10+ years ago barely works on my new computer which runs Windows 7. Yesterday I saw (and bought) something called Fritz Chess, Grandmaster 11 for $10 at Target. It seems to be (as was my 10 year old Fritz 5) made by (or authorized by) Chessbase. Is it a scaled down version of Fritz? I've done a little research but can't seem to find much specificly about this product. I'd like...
October 28th 10 05:25 PM
by Mark Houlsby[_5_] Go to last post
1 399
GetClub ready for new Chess Challenge against Rybka by Stephan Bird[_5_]
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:37:04 -0700 in , Sanny wrote: GetClub Chess was improved today again. Lets start a game with Rybka vs GetClub GetClub will play very strong game this time. So watch out.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 24th 10 07:29 AM
by Sanny[_3_] Go to last post
23 1,127
Rare example where weaker computer wins found here by RayLopez99
I'm looking for games where two computers played each other but one was rated 300 points or more than the other, and the weaker program won. So far I've not found any, because apparently programmers try and keep the opponents within 200 Elo points, for reasons I outlined in my other thread: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.chess.computer/browse_thread/thread/0989e04ec14c52eb?hl=en# I am...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 10 11:47 AM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
11 892
Tri-Peaks 2: QUEST FOR THE RUBY RING (1 link Card Game) by javed iqbal
Tri-Peaks 2: QUEST FOR THE RUBY RING (1 link Card Game) QUEST FOR THE RUBY RING Card Game DOWNLOAD http://hotfile.com/dl/74883298/603e117/TriPeak2TWO-QFTRRing.zip.html
October 14th 10 08:39 PM
by javed iqbal Go to last post
0 491
Absolutely FREE Game DVDs by It_wise
Hi, Check out this amazing seasonal offer: http://goo.gl/MkvH Limited offer. Hurry Up.
October 14th 10 04:06 PM
by It_wise Go to last post
0 403
What is Rybka Thinking? by The Master
On Sep 28, 1:27*am, Sanny wrote: White: GetClub-Normal Level Black Rybka 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. B-b5 d6 4. 0-0 B-d7 5. R-e1
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 12th 10 09:35 AM
by Sanny[_3_] Go to last post
91 2,662
Rybka [5 sec] vs GetClub - Normal Level. by Peter Osterlund[_2_]
Sanny writes: I want to conduct a match between Rybka vs Normal Level. .... Lets see how GetClub plays against the strong Engines. Lets see how GetClub plays against very weak engines first. Here is a game I played between my Novag Constellation 3.6mhz (see http://www.ismenio.com/chess_novag_constellation_36.html) and getclub beginner level:
October 10th 10 03:13 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
2 830
What is Rybka Thinking? by Simon Krahnke
* SAT W-7 (2010-10-02) schrieb: You should play Ivan at knight odds and let Rybka think for 2 or 3 min What would be the use of that? I wish more people on here would play engine vs engine For your amusement? By the way, computer chess is on-topic in rec.games.chess.computer. And only there.
October 7th 10 02:04 AM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
0 475
Hiarcs on Palm Pre Plus by BLafferty
Does anyone have experience using Hiarcs on a Palm Pre Plus smartphone using the webOS platform? I would appreciate insight into any problems recording games and exporting them by either USB or emai attachment. Thanks.
October 2nd 10 07:59 PM
by BLafferty Go to last post
0 452
Examples of much weaker programs beating stronger ones? by raylopez99
I don't think they exist. That's because computers use the same search engines at the brute force level, and the only intelligence is the evaluation function. So unless a stronger computer walks into a mating net that lies beyond it's search ply, and those must be rare (I would imagine), I don't see how a much weaker chess program (say 300 Elo points weaker) can beat a stronger one. Any...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 12th 10 09:24 PM
by Mark Houlsby[_5_] Go to last post
23 1,257
evalue by Simon Krahnke
* io_x (2010-09-05) schrieb: how to evalue the position in the chess board? what would be the algo to evalue the position in the chess board? Just return a random value centered around your draw value. mfg, simon .... l
September 11th 10 11:03 PM
by Simon Krahnke Go to last post
0 404
chess set for Novag Star Opal by Dan the K
I have a Novag Star Opal chess computer. I like it because its small and fits on the dining room table while I'm eating. I lost a piece, a black knight and am looking for a replacement piece or set. Where would you suggest I go? The device is useless with only 31 pieces. I've called the Chess House, USCF and Your Move without success. I've sent emails to The London Chess Centre, Chess...
September 6th 10 01:47 AM
by Dan the K Go to last post
5 1,213
russian chess openings encyclopedia, Kalinichenko by Dan the K
I picked up four volumes of this set, called "Encyclopaedia Modern Chess Openings. The publisher is Wiener Verlag and the editors include Nikolai Kalinichenko and Anatoly Karpov. These dust covers of these volumes indicate that there are three Closed Games volumes. I have the volume that includes Trompowsky Attack, Gruenfeld Indian Defense, Modern Benoni and others. The two I don't have...
August 29th 10 06:49 PM
by Mark Houlsby[_5_] Go to last post
6 1,235
new release 4.4.4 of XBoard /Winboard by Arun
Hello Here are some details: Short description: XBoard is a graphical user interface for chess in all its major forms, including international chess, xiangqi (Chinese chess), shogi Japanese chess) and Makruk. Many variations of chess are also supported.
August 19th 10 09:25 PM
by Arun Go to last post
0 605
Complex Game for analysis. [Still waiting] by sd
On Aug 10, 4:18*am, Sanny wrote: Can anyone here analyze the game and tell what was the biggest mistake by GetClub in this game? Only a few players really can analyze this complex game. Bull****, it is a simple loss and I am rated higher than half the players on your list. But a 1200 could see how weak it played. SBD
August 14th 10 07:34 AM
by RayLopez99 Go to last post
4 439
True or false? Alekhine never saw a RxN Sicilian exchange sac in hislife! by raylopez99
Neil McDonald, in his book Positional Sacrifices (1994) says Alekhine never saw an exchange sac RxNc3 in his life, whereas nowadays this position is well known to be equal. True or false? McDonald uses as an example the game below (see 2... Rxc3). I have Chessbase but am not good at figuring out how to search for game using a template for a position (it would be hard to do?) Maybe some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 2nd 10 01:30 PM
by Charles Blair Go to last post
46 1,940
Tactics and mate exercises by Zuril[_4_]
Hello! news about my site http://www.ideachess.com - now to the user are proposed exercises based on his ELO rating - more than 23000 checkmate and tactics exercises to interactively solve - for each exercise all the possible solutions are considered correct (position are evaluated real time by a tactics chess engine) - the computer confute wrong attemps by making the best counter move -...
July 19th 10 09:39 PM
by Zuril[_4_] Go to last post
0 569
Post New Thread