UK player David Parr

Old January 9th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Default UK player David Parr

Has anybody seen him recently ?
Have just read that his father Frank Parr died 2 years ago.

Regards

Old January 9th 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Hi Terry:

David Parr also passed away. I am presently playing in his
Memorial Tournament, sponsored by the British Federation
for Correspondence Chess (BFCC) and the ICCF.

Here is the crosstable for the tournament:

http://www.iccf-webchess.com/EventCr...le.aspx?id=314

and here is some more information from the BFCC site:

http://www.bfcc-online.org.uk/files/.../memorials.htm

Kind Regards,
John

John C. Knudsen
CC.COM's Online Store
Chess and Military Gifts and Books:
http://www.cafepress.com/correspondence

Old January 9th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Terry:

David Parr also passed away. I am presently playing in his
Memorial Tournament, sponsored by the British Federation
for Correspondence Chess (BFCC) and the ICCF.

Here is the crosstable for the tournament:

http://www.iccf-webchess.com/EventCr...le.aspx?id=314

and here is some more information from the BFCC site:

http://www.bfcc-online.org.uk/files/.../memorials.htm

Kind Regards,
John

John C. Knudsen
CC.COM's Online Store
Chess and Military Gifts and Books:
http://www.cafepress.com/correspondence

I am very very sorry to hear about David Parr.
I have played him a lot and often chatted to him.

When did he die ?

Regards

Old January 10th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc

Hi Terry:

I'm not sure, exactly. Normally, the memorial invitationals have some
kind of informational
background document associated with them, but this one is being played
on the server, and I couldn't
find one... Hmmm.

Perhaps you could contact the BFCC at the link above and find out more
information.