Incredible chess lookalike

Old November 29th 16, 02:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Offramp

Default Incredible chess lookalike

Another incredible chess lookalike!

I have just seen a picture of Aussie honkey-tonk joanna-basher David Helfgott.

http://www.amckinnon.com.au/wp-conte...ndy-Martin.jpg

Which famous GM do YOU think he looks like?
Old December 1st 16, 06:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Paul

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 1:06:47 PM UTC, Offramp wrote:
Another incredible chess lookalike!

I have just seen a picture of Aussie honkey-tonk joanna-basher David Helfgott.

http://www.amckinnon.com.au/wp-conte...ndy-Martin.jpg

Which famous GM do YOU think he looks like?

I don't tend to know what famous GMs look like. I can only guess Bronstein
but you probably mean someone else.

Paul
Old December 5th 16, 10:53 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Offramp

Correct. David I Bronstein.
Old December 5th 16, 01:54 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Paul

On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 9:53:51 AM UTC, Offramp wrote:
Correct. David I Bronstein.

I was correct but you weren't! The GM David Bronstein looked nothing like
him at all, other than a similar balding pattern.

You're confusing him with a different David Bronstein, who is still alive and worked as a doctor in the US: http://www.idvl.org/harrisburglivinglegacy/Bio27.html
AFAIK, the doctor is just David Bronstein with no middle initial.

Agreed that the doctor David Bronstein looks like David Helfgott.
How did you discover this similarity?

Paul

Old December 5th 16, 04:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Offramp

Great find!