Try to win from this position...

Old July 5th 03, 01:31 AM
Hans Meier

Default Try to win from this position...

Here is the position in FEN format:
r4rk1/2q2pp1/2bppb1p/p1p5/1n1PP3/1BN1RN2/1PPQ1PPP/3R2K1 b
You are black. Black to move.
Respond with your move in the subject line. I will respond with White's
move.
You can use a computer. Good luck

Old July 5th 03, 06:07 AM
mdamien

"Hans Meier" wrote in message
Here is the position in FEN format:
r4rk1/2q2pp1/2bppb1p/p1p5/1n1PP3/1BN1RN2/1PPQ1PPP/3R2K1 b
You are black. Black to move.
Respond with your move in the subject line. I will respond with White's
move.
You can use a computer. Good luck

A casual look at the position is 1...a4 2.dxc5 axb3 3.cxd6 Qb8 4.cxb3 Rd8.
It seems reasonable to assume that you either think you can win from this
position, or would have deviated at an earlier point. I guess I can also
assume you've done some lengthy computer analysis, to have posted this.

Matt

Old July 5th 03, 02:05 PM
Hans Meier

I didn't do lengthy computer analysis.
The next move is 2. e5
I don't know if its good.

Old July 5th 03, 02:46 PM
Ted

"Hans Meier" wrote

I didn't do lengthy computer analysis.
The next move is 2. e5
I don't know if its good.

What are you trying to prove? That White can hold this position?
What happens after 2...dxe5 3.dxe5 axb3 4.exf6 Rfd8 ?

Ted