Grandmaster Secrets: Openings: printing error?

Old July 6th 03, 02:56 AM
Geas

Default Grandmaster Secrets: Openings: printing error?

Since I was a fan of Soltis' endgame book, I picked up the sequel on
openings. I started reading it and I'm finding that many of the pages are
blank (pages 17, 20, and 21 for example).

Is this a known problem with the printing run?

Old July 7th 03, 12:20 PM
David Ames

"Geas" wrote in message .net...
Since I was a fan of Soltis' endgame book, I picked up the sequel on
openings. I started reading it and I'm finding that many of the pages are
blank (pages 17, 20, and 21 for example).

Is this a known problem with the printing run?

It is probably an isolated instance. The book should be returned to
the seller for credit or refund. In my experience, publishers ignore
consumer complaints. This can be very unfair. When I was in college,
one textbook was in hard cover with a sewn binding. After a couple of
months, the sewn threads started to unravel and it was too late to
return the book to the bookstore.

David Ames