Why do some people play 1. d4 or 1.c4 ???

Old July 6th 03, 07:18 AM
bhnews

Default Why do some people play 1. d4 or 1.c4 ???

I play c4 because it attracts women

Old July 6th 03, 08:05 AM
NoMoreChess

I play c4 because it attracts women

I didn't realize that! Thanks. Which first moves for Black do this?

I have sometimes used c4 for its explosive effect on the opponent, but now
there is an even better reason! Most of my moves appear to have had the
opposite effect, though I rarely noticed any female spectators.