Sam Sloan Almost No-Show at World Open

Old July 7th 03, 05:38 PM

Default Sam Sloan Almost No-Show at World Open

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:03:50 -0400, "StanB"
wrote:

You didn't miss much. I saw him walking into the tourney room with Carol
Jarecki. They were giggling and laughing.

As to Sam, I worry about his health. He seems to have lost weight. Skin and
bones. And sores. On his face. The mind? A mind is a terrible thing to
waste.

StanB

I am fat as a pig. This is my problem. I keep gaining weight. I am not
fat as a cow like Neil Brennen or John Fernandez, but being fat as a
pig is bad enough.

What you saw on my face were not sores. Last Sunday, I took three of
my children swimming in the Astoria Swimming Pool in Astoria Queens
New York. The Astoria Swimming Pool is the largest swimming pool in
New York City. The 1932 Olympic Games were held there.

I was in the pool for several hours with my children. I had not done
this in 40 years in such hot weather. I forgot that I have very fair
skin.

The next day, my entire body turned completely red. I itched so bad I
could hardly sleep at night.

Yesterday, all my skin was peeling off. As of this morning, most of
the old skin is gone, the sweepers at the Adams Mark Hotel having
swept it up. The itching has subsided.

That is what Stan Booz saw.

Old July 18th 03, 08:52 AM
Oreo Knight

wrote:

You didn't miss much. I saw him walking into the tourney room with Carol
Jarecki. They were giggling and laughing.

As to Sam, I worry about his health. He seems to have lost weight. Skin and
bones. And sores. On his face. The mind? A mind is a terrible thing to
waste.

StanB

I am fat as a pig. This is my problem. I keep gaining weight. I am not
fat as a cow like Neil Brennen or John Fernandez, but being fat as a
pig is bad enough.

We now have the official distinction between pigs and cows made...by
The Honorary Sam SLoan.

What you saw on my face were not sores. Last Sunday, I took three of
my children swimming in the Astoria Swimming Pool in Astoria Queens
New York. The Astoria Swimming Pool is the largest swimming pool in
New York City. The 1932 Olympic Games were held there.

WHO CARES?!? A little more information than we needed to know. And
which children? Do you even know? There are so many after all. Or are
you sure they were yours? (You didn't happen to borrow any random
neighbor-children did you?)

I was in the pool for several hours with my children. I had not done
this in 40 years in such hot weather. I forgot that I have very fair
skin.

Yeah, and the rest of us don't CARE that you have fair skin!

The next day, my entire body turned completely red. I itched so bad I
could hardly sleep at night.

Full-body herpes? Perhaps you caught it in the swiming pool. Can be
quite tragic.

Yesterday, all my skin was peeling off. As of this morning, most of
the old skin is gone, the sweepers at the Adams Mark Hotel having
swept it up. The itching has subsided.

Again...anyone who cares about Sam's "itch problems"...raise your
hands!

That is what Stan Booz saw.

THANK YOU for the cliarification. I can now get on with the rest of my
life.