HOW'S HUMPY DOIN?

Old July 7th 03, 10:03 PM
chris

Default HOW'S HUMPY DOIN?

Haven't seen any of the good Dr.'s posts lately and I've kind of lost track.
Is Humpy contending for the world championship yet? Just curious.

Old July 7th 03, 11:59 PM
Eric Hicks

Humpy Had a big fall.

Hit his head.

Now his big hope is the brilliancy prize in the under 1300 section.

FYI

http://www.academicchess.com
Best Learning Chess Site on the Planet
Old July 8th 03, 04:17 AM
Matt Nemmers

"chris" wrote in message
Haven't seen any of the good Dr.'s posts lately and I've kind of lost

track.
Is Humpy contending for the world championship yet? Just curious.

Who the hell is "Humpy?"

Regards,

Matt

Old July 8th 03, 04:47 PM
Mark Houlsby

chris wrote:
Who the hell is "Humpy?"

Koneru Humpy is an Indian GM and former World Jr.
Champion. He first came
to my attention when Dr. Jai Maharaj began regularly
posting (some might say
spamming, but I personally don't think a few hundred posts
in all caps is
that offensive) his results on this and other newsgroups. (Google on
"Humpy+chess" or "who the hell cares" and you should get a
decent sampling.)

Looks like Humpy hit a bumpy.

He's got a cool name, though, so I'm rooting for him.

Koneru Humpy is female.

http://web2news.com/?rec.games.chess.misc
Old July 8th 03, 05:06 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

She`s not a "he", she`s a "she".
But she is having a poor result so far in her current tournament (4 losses
out of 4 games, ouch). However, no shame in losing to folks like Dreev.

- Joshua B. Lilly