Any World Open Skittles Room Stories

Old July 8th 03, 06:07 PM
BriMarErn

Default Any World Open Skittles Room Stories

Thanks to Sam, Dan, and anyone else reporting on the World Open! Wish I was
there.

When growing up on the east coast and attending this event, some of the
funniest stories I've seen and heard have always occured in the skittles room.
I remember this one guy who spoke no english (looked like he was from the
Phillipines) giving all comers 5-3 on the clock and SMOKIN' EM!!

Did anything interesting happen this year? Comments?
Old July 8th 03, 10:04 PM
Ivan

This year I heard someone passed out because he played in the 5 day
section. He played his first round, then play hours of blitz chess,
then played his second round, and then played blitz until 3 in the
morning. During this time we had eaten no lunch or dinner and
basically collapsed from exhaustion. I don't know if this story is
true because my opponent told me it before our game. If it is true,
I guess that is what you would call a chessaholic.